G4S Jobs in Tanzania : Project Manager Maritime Security
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: G4S
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
- Main Purpose of the Appointment:
To ensure the smooth running of daily operations within the designated area of business; in such a manner as to ensure the continuous provision of a professional security service that meets the requirements of the relevant customers.
Functions of the Position:
- Manage the smooth day-to-day running of the relevant sites/contracts to ensure profitability.
- Posting Sheets to be signed off daily. Ensure security officers are posted on sites according to the customer agreements/contracts.
- Measurement of Customer Service Standards to be complete on a monthly basis by the Contract Manager
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Site Inventory is used during any formal handing & taking over shifts on all sites.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that site inspections are done on every site for all staff to ensure all are briefed, correctly dressed/equipped and ready for the shift.
- Ensure that pay queries are attended to and that correct the payments to security officers.
Manage the work schedules of direct reports to meet agreed plans, contracts and agreements in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure that the duty rosters are prepared in time and delivered to the Security Officers on site
- Authorize the necessary time sheets on a monthly basis
- Analyse the Easy Roster system to allocate manpower, over and under postings and rectify any anomalies
- Formal Customer Meetings to be held on a monthly basis or as per written agreement.
- Minutes of the Meetings to be forwarded to the customer within 7 days.
- Ensure that Site Seniors are included in the meeting and that the relevant discussions at the meetings are translated to all the Security Officers.
- Customer complaints to be resolved within 2 working days.
- Ensure that a formal Customer Service Assessment are completed monthly by the customer (or Preference Letter on file should the Customer not want to complete Monthly Assessment)
- Ensure that site visits are conducted according to a pre-determined visit plan
Ensure Post Descriptions, emergency plans, registers and files are in place according to Customer and Company requirements.
- Ensure Post Descriptions and emergency plans are adhered to by the Security Officers and Supervisors.
- Post Descriptions must be reviewed annually.
- Post Descriptions must be approved by the customer annually.
- Ensure that the correct registers and files are placed on site and maintained.
Ensure that all Security Officers are inducted and properly trained to meet the requirements of the position/ post.
- New employee on a new site must be tested within 2 weeks to confirm they are familiar with all procedures.
- Determine training needs and where necessary recommend training to be conducted to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that monthly Site Knowledge Tests are written by all Security Officers on site.
- Ensure that other on-site training is conducted as necessary to meet customer requirements.
Audits and Assessments
- Ensure that quality audits are conducted in accordance to the audit plan.
- Ensure that Health and Safety Risk Assessments are conducted in accordance to the Company Policy.
- Ensure that all the Security Officers on site are aware important/problematic physical risk factors
- Complete documentation regarding audits and risk assessments as required.
Ensure all Company assets are accounted for, properly handled safeguarded and maintained.
- Ensure that monthly equipment checks/ audits are conducted to ensure it is in good working order.
- Monthly reports to be forwarded to the relevant logistics/ Operation Clerk.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected during hand over/ Take over (includes complete vehicle inspection)
- Ensure that all defects are repaired immediately.
- The Contract Manager is responsible and must ensure strict discipline on his sites.
- The Conducting of disciplinary hearings, appeals and grievances according to the Company Disciplinary Code may be required from a Contract Manager.
Monthly and Weekly reports
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Monthly and Weekly reports are completed and forwarded to the respective managers as required.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all sites comply and implement the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Distribute weekly Tool Box talks to all sites.
- Ensure that Health and Safety of all employees remain a priority.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that all incidents are reported and properly investigated.
- The Contract Manager will be required to follow-up on invoices and statements to ensure customers pay the appropriate amount on time.
The Ideal Candidate:
Applicants must be competent to undertake the duties and responsibilities as defined in section A/17.2 of the ISPS code including;
- Threat and Risk security assessments of maritime and port operations and the identification, implementation and maintenance of effective and technology enabled, counter measures.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of security plans, procedures and instructions.
- Planning and coordinating drills, audit and training of G4S and customer personnel.
- Proactive penetration and vulnerability testing and subsequently the implementation of corrective / preventative actions and deterrents.
- Surveillance and investigating security breaches / fraud and malfeasance.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.