G4S Jobs in Tanzania : Project Manager Maritime Security
- Company: G4S
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
- Main Purpose of the Appointment:
To ensure the smooth running of daily operations within the designated area of business; in such a manner as to ensure the continuous provision of a professional security service that meets the requirements of the relevant customers.
Functions of the Position:
- Manage the smooth day-to-day running of the relevant sites/contracts to ensure profitability.
- Posting Sheets to be signed off daily. Ensure security officers are posted on sites according to the customer agreements/contracts.
- Measurement of Customer Service Standards to be complete on a monthly basis by the Contract Manager
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Site Inventory is used during any formal handing & taking over shifts on all sites.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that site inspections are done on every site for all staff to ensure all are briefed, correctly dressed/equipped and ready for the shift.
- Ensure that pay queries are attended to and that correct the payments to security officers.
Manage the work schedules of direct reports to meet agreed plans, contracts and agreements in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure that the duty rosters are prepared in time and delivered to the Security Officers on site
- Authorize the necessary time sheets on a monthly basis
- Analyse the Easy Roster system to allocate manpower, over and under postings and rectify any anomalies
- Formal Customer Meetings to be held on a monthly basis or as per written agreement.
- Minutes of the Meetings to be forwarded to the customer within 7 days.
- Ensure that Site Seniors are included in the meeting and that the relevant discussions at the meetings are translated to all the Security Officers.
- Customer complaints to be resolved within 2 working days.
- Ensure that a formal Customer Service Assessment are completed monthly by the customer (or Preference Letter on file should the Customer not want to complete Monthly Assessment)
- Ensure that site visits are conducted according to a pre-determined visit plan
Ensure Post Descriptions, emergency plans, registers and files are in place according to Customer and Company requirements.
- Ensure Post Descriptions and emergency plans are adhered to by the Security Officers and Supervisors.
- Post Descriptions must be reviewed annually.
- Post Descriptions must be approved by the customer annually.
- Ensure that the correct registers and files are placed on site and maintained.
Ensure that all Security Officers are inducted and properly trained to meet the requirements of the position/ post.
- New employee on a new site must be tested within 2 weeks to confirm they are familiar with all procedures.
- Determine training needs and where necessary recommend training to be conducted to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that monthly Site Knowledge Tests are written by all Security Officers on site.
- Ensure that other on-site training is conducted as necessary to meet customer requirements.
Audits and Assessments
- Ensure that quality audits are conducted in accordance to the audit plan.
- Ensure that Health and Safety Risk Assessments are conducted in accordance to the Company Policy.
- Ensure that all the Security Officers on site are aware important/problematic physical risk factors
- Complete documentation regarding audits and risk assessments as required.
Ensure all Company assets are accounted for, properly handled safeguarded and maintained.
- Ensure that monthly equipment checks/ audits are conducted to ensure it is in good working order.
- Monthly reports to be forwarded to the relevant logistics/ Operation Clerk.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected during hand over/ Take over (includes complete vehicle inspection)
- Ensure that all defects are repaired immediately.
- The Contract Manager is responsible and must ensure strict discipline on his sites.
- The Conducting of disciplinary hearings, appeals and grievances according to the Company Disciplinary Code may be required from a Contract Manager.
Monthly and Weekly reports
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Monthly and Weekly reports are completed and forwarded to the respective managers as required.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all sites comply and implement the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Distribute weekly Tool Box talks to all sites.
- Ensure that Health and Safety of all employees remain a priority.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that all incidents are reported and properly investigated.
- The Contract Manager will be required to follow-up on invoices and statements to ensure customers pay the appropriate amount on time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Applicants must be competent to undertake the duties and responsibilities as defined in section A/17.2 of the ISPS code including;
- Threat and Risk security assessments of maritime and port operations and the identification, implementation and maintenance of effective and technology enabled, counter measures.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of security plans, procedures and instructions.
- Planning and coordinating drills, audit and training of G4S and customer personnel.
- Proactive penetration and vulnerability testing and subsequently the implementation of corrective / preventative actions and deterrents.
- Surveillance and investigating security breaches / fraud and malfeasance.