Flight Operations Officer x9 at ATCL
- Company: ATCL
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Tanzania
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic
Plan (2017-2021). In line with this expansion, the company is also making some reforms in its
structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions:-
POSITION: FLIGHT OPERATIONS OFFICER (9 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Must have Certificate in Flight Operations or Equivalent.
- Must have valid Flight Operations License issued by the Authority
- Must have worked in Flight Dispatch/Operations control or similar field for at least two years.
- Must be proficient in English Language in accordance with the English Language proficiency requirement contained in TCAR.
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of an Advanced Level Certificate of Secondary Piducation or equivalent with a background of Science subjects is an added advantage,
- Bachelor Degree will be an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the PIC in flight preparation and providing required information;
- Assisting the PIC in preparing the operational and ATS flight plans;
- Furnishing the PIC, while in flight, by appropriate means, with information which may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight;
- In the event of an emergency, initiating the applicable procedures contained in the Emergency
- Filing the ATS flight plan with the appropriate A’l’S unit;
- When applicable, signing the operational and ATS flight plans;
- Preparation and signing the Flight Release
- Flight monitoring.
- Coordination of actions with Space Control/Reservations and Maintenance control centre (MCC) in respect of aircraft status, schedule changes, rerouting and positioning of aircraft for the entire network when deviations from planned operations occur.
- Briefing of Crew on NOTAMS, Weather, Flight Plan and any other factors that may be of concern to the flight Crew members.
- Calculation of RTOW/RLW and Payload for short notice flights.
- Operational control of flights within his jurisdiction.
- Supervision of all Flight Operations Assistants (if engaged) in the Shift and the maintenance of a high standard of conduct and efficiency in the Operations Control Centre. May act as Head Operations Control in the head’s absence from workplace.
- Responsibility for Crew Accommodation, transports slips, Roster changes, and check-in, in the absence of crew scheduling staff
Five (5) years contract and attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
Method of Application
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school),other relevant certificates/licenses, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council of Tanzania- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Within Fourteen (14) days from the date of issue of this announcement. Deadline will 12 February, 2020:
The application letters should be directed to the following address:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED, P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM