Financial Controller New at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank was established for the following purposes, among others:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural development and overall economic growth;
- To become an apex agricultural financing bank and an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA).
TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies below:
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The job holder reports to the Director of Finance. He/She is responsible for controlling and directing the financial accounting function in the bank and providing interpretation to the financial information including overall financial management of information systems of the bank.
• To control and direct the financial accounting functions of the Bank ensuring reports generated are in accordance with Bank’s guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Financial analysis of the bank’s performance and preparation of reports thereof
• Produce and manage reports required for management, financial, regulatory, and statutory
• Ensure that the banks taxation affairs are planned and managed so as to optimize the bank’s position.
• Monitor the bank’s operating base costs and highlighting factors impacting on effective cost management, thus contribute towards the achievement of a low-cost business environment.
• Review the maintenance of an efficient and integrated accounting system with appropriate internal financial controls
• Assist risk and compliance unit in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the business unit level. Implement controls within the Business unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
• Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
• Monitoring key financial risks indicators & ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain identified operational risks.
• Ensure that policies are implemented effectively within Finance; new regulations are properly communicated and Drive full implementation and adherence to Financial Controls Policy across the Bank
• Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
• Ensure that systems are subject to controls which ensure completeness and accuracy of the information they contain
• Contribute to the overall financial management of information systems (not just reporting requirements) including the planning. budgeting, project approval and execution of the new systems
• Manage the Bank’s Management Accounting Systems for the accurate and timely collation, analysis and dissemination of information
• To deliver accurate and timely financial and statistical information to the Central Bank and liaise on issues arising from financial, statistical and other reports
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Finance, Accountancy, Banking or related discipline.
• Holder of an internationally recognized accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CPA(T), CFA
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience of which 3 must be in a commercial bank/financial or related institution.
• Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.