Finance Manager at International Executive Service Corps
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es salaam
The primary function of a Finance Manager is to develop, coordinate and administer the Country Office (CO) plans for proper recording, documentation, control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations as well as overall compliance with donor rules & regulations at the CO level. The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day financial operations at the CO level. He/she plans, organizes, directs, and is responsible for providing quality financial services to all program offices, units and staff in the CO. He/she works closely with the Director of HR & Operations and Senior Management to ensure that a partnership is developed between Finance, Program and Operations. He/She is an integral member of the CO Management team.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate banking operations and maintain Liaison with IESC and Bankers.
- Preparation of periodic and monthly country office cash forecasts and annual budget.
- Supervise implementation of account payable and cash payments policy to ensure vendors payment are correctly recorded in Quick-books system and payments are timely executed.
- Timely review of Electronic bank transfers and payments to ensure validity and completeness of transactions.
- Ensure all bank accounts bank fees are reviewed and billed in Quick-books system on time.
- Ensure cash disbursements and advances settlements are processed timely using the appropriate Expense vouchers.
• Ensure value of disposed fixed assets are accurately calculated and written off correctly in the appropriate period.
- Ensure payroll records are timely and accurately processed and recorded in Quick-books system.
- Accountable for ensuring that the period closing processes are performed timely and adequately.
- Accountable for the preparation and submission of complete, reliable and timely Financial Reports to Chief of Party and the IESC HQ-based Senior Program Manager.
- Ensures quality and integrity of financial data and supporting documentation and ensures completeness of data recorded in the QuickBooks system.
• Accountable for statutory reports and timely submission to the authority.
- Participate in audit preparation and support to internal and external auditors
- Participate in budget and forecasting activities as necessary.
- Supervise, lead, guide and support Finance Assistant.
• Professional accounting qualification such as AACA/CPA preferably with Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business Administration is required.
• Minimum 5 years of professional accounting experience demonstrating increasingly responsible financial management experience preferably in an international development organization.
• Familiarity with managing donor funded programs particularly with those that are USG funded.
• Familiarity with United Republic of Tanzania, Tax rules and regulations.
• Strong Management and interpersonal skills
• Proven experience demonstrating mastery of computerized accounting systems, especially QuickBooks
• Ability to communicate accounting information to IESC Management in Tanzania and Home Office, Washington DC.
• Strong Organization skills, detail-oriented and sensitive to confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Work, Excel and Power Point.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: To apply please send your CV ONLY and cover letter with the subject heading “Finance Manager” to [email protected] September 27th, 2019. Please do not attach any certificates. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.