Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
New Job Vacancies At Girl Effect Tanzania, girl effect in nigeria, springster girl effect, girl effect partnerships, girl effect vodafone, the girl effect the clock is ticking, girl effect enterprise india private limited, linkedin careers, link jobs
Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager at Girl Effect Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
In partnership with the Vodafone Foundation, Girl Effect has launched a new brand for adolescent girls in Tanzania to deliver behaviour change mobile products and off-line activities. This will include a website, Facebook page, IVR content and chatbots. We are also partnering with existing networks of ambassadors and clubs to broaden the reach and impact of our products.
Girl Effect is looking for a Finance & Operations Manager to lead on all finance and operations for the new office. From a finance perspective they will be responsible for ensuring good accounting practices, budget management, financial reporting and audit/donor/tax compliance. From the operations side, they will manage the day to day running of the office, lead procurement processes and provide comprehensive administrative and project support to the team.
What You’ll Do
• Lead on the financial accounting framework by managing the input of data in the accounting system, processing payroll and ensure tax remittance to Government boards
• Lead the month end activities as per the agreed HQ timelines (Transaction entries, Journal entries, reconciliation etc…) and maintain all balance sheet and Profit and Loss (P&L) schedules as required on monthly basis
• Ensure adherence to local statutory and tax requirements
• Manage external and internal audits.
• Oversee the daily management of financial transactions, cash disbursements, bank reconciliation, accounts payable to ensure adequate controls over cash and bank holdings.
• Work closely with the country lead and global team to ensure annual budgets and reforecast align with program activities by carrying out financial analysis, preparing monthly accounts and expenditure reports
• Conduct review of partner / donor financial reports when required and makes occasional field trips to monitor finance related issues and procedures.
• Lead on generating financial reports to different stakeholders when required
• Manage external relationships with stakeholders ie banking institutions, Government boards, vendors, partners etc
• Ensure Finance and budgeting is embedded and understood across all teams within GET and that team leads have the relevant information to manage their budgets effectively
• Be responsible for managing all aspects of office management / administration and that office is fully operational and there is continued improvement of systems /processes to ensure staff are properly supported and are working in a conducive environment to deliver on programme activities
• Be responsible for ensuring the set up and smooth management of GET’s legal and operational requirements
• Ensure proper procurement and management of external suppliers, contractors and vendors in line with GE’s policies
• Lead HR and recruitment processes in collaboration with global team, including staff contracting, induction / training on GE policies & procedures and general best practice
• Review and set new policies for GET in line with global policies
• Security focal point for GET responsible for overseeing GET’s risk profile and security, ensuring adequate mitigation and monitoring and liaising with external security partners. This will involve managing the GER risk register
• Manage visa/work permit process for expats and visitors and ensure all GE international staff are legally working
• Oversee management of all staff needs i.e. programme logistics and transport needs and ensure systems are efficient and cost effective. This will involve managing and coordinating all office logistics arrangement for all in country events/requests, overseas travel, hotel bookings etc
• Manage the day to day running of the office
Who You Are
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least 7 years of professional experience
• You have knowledge and qualifications in financial management and accounting
• You have experience in managing the overall accounts of an organisation
• You have working knowledge of the systems and processes related to expenditure management on donor funded projects and programmes
• You have proven operations experience, including knowledge of relevant policies and systems for organisations in the non-profit sector in Tanzania
• You are computer literate and master of Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc) with a willingness to learn new financial management and procurement systems
• You’re driven and able to deliver against key timelines and deadlines, through prioritisation and organisation
• You are happy to work as part of a small team, taking on small tasks alongside big responsibilities
• You enjoy taking the initiative and making decisions as part of a complex and varied workload
• You’re able to work with others at a distance and use systems for sharing information to support this
• You’re confident at developing presentations and public speaking to be able to externally represent the work we do with passion and energy
• You’re fluent in Kiswahili and English, with a high level in writing in both languages
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact. This role is being recruited on a 12 month contract basis
Closing date for applications: 26th November 2019
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share