Finance and Administration Officer at IFES Tanzania
- Company: IFES Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
IFES Tanzania is seeking to hire a qualified Finance and Administration Officer.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies and primarily works in the areas of democratic governance and Electoral Management Body support. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 145 countries.
IFES is registered in Tanzania as an International Non-Government Organization and is working as part of the USAID-funded Consortium for Elections and Political Process Strengthening (CEPPS) Project together with two other democratic governance partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with IFES, USAID and Government of Tanzania’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Overseeing and/or undertaking all aspects of financial management, procurement, human resource management and administration. This includes systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting, including sub-award budgets and financial reports
- Preparing monthly Field Expense Reports and Cash Request Forms,
- Preparing finance vouchers with proper supporting documentation and manage entries in IFES-Tanzania’s Quickbooks accounts
- Managing all field office procurement and expenditures, and ensure they are in accordance with applicable USAID and IFES policies and regulations
- Providing overall administration and logistic support for IFES-supported activities, the IFES Tanzania office, and international staff and consultants
- Maintaining an inventory of IFES equipment
- Liaising between IFES’ headquarters and the field office as necessary on applicable matters
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Providing administrative and logistical support to activities such as events, workshops and trainings
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 4 years experience providing financial, procurement, human resources management and administrative support with an International or a Tanzanian Non-Government Organization, or similar organization
- Sound communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili required
- Prior experience with implementing USAID or other donor funded programs is an advantage
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software including, at a minimum, demonstrated experience using Quickbooks and the standard applications in MS Office
- Sound interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations
The application deadline is 5.00 pm on 15 October 2019. Intending applicants should note that only those who meet the Qualifications and Experience Criteria will be shortlisted and contacted. Only Tanzanian citizens will be considered. We encourage gender equity and diversity in our staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Method of Application
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Qualified applicants are required to send their CV and cover letter by email to [email protected]. Applications should include the names and contact details for at least 2 work-related referees who have supervised the applicant.