Field Assistant at College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka wishes to announce a vacancy for a Field Assistant post to support a collaborative research project aiming at assessing the status and trends of bee pollinators and their interactions with plant communities in Tanzania. This project “Pollinator Monitoring Project, Tanzania” is funded by the JRS Biodiversity Foundation, USA. Duty station: The recruited person will work at Mweka Main Campus in Moshi and expected to spend extended periods in the field in Arusha and Kilimanjaro regions. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The position entails, but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
• Assisting in the collection and management of data related to the Project;
• Liaising with principal researchers, research assistants and project coordinator to contribute to the overall objectives of the Project;
• Assisting in organizing field trips and follow-up works;
• Be responsible for ensuring that project equipments are safe and maintained in working order
• Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Project coordinator.
Required minimum qualifications and skills
• Fluency in English and Swahili languages;
• Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Wildlife Management, Forestry, Beekeeping, Agriculture, Wildlife Tourism or any other related field obtained from recognized institution;
• Field experience in related projects or research may be an added advantage;
• Be a person of high integrity
• Ability to handle extra duties
• Ability to demonstrate self management and work collaboratively and as part of a team
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Nature of Employment and remuneration: One year (1) renewable contract with competitive remuneration and benefits.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to submit their applications including the following: • Signed cover letter • Curriculum Vitae • Certified copies of relevant certificates and or academic transcripts • Names and contact details of at least two referees Application written in English should be submitted as electronic or hardcopies to the following address; Rector Att: Project Director, Bee-Pollinator Monitoring Project, Tanzania College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka, P.O Box 3031, Moshi. E-mail: [email protected] Closing date for submission of applications: 8th August 2019 NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Travel expenses for attending interview will be borne by the applicants.