FHI 360 Jobs in Tanzania : Director – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The purpose of the Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA) is to identify and implement proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania. The TVCA focuses on insecticide treated bed-nets (ITNs) that includes determining the quantity of ITNs needed annually to maintain high population access and implementing delivery of ITNs. The TVC Contractor provides the Government of Tanzania and malaria partners with state-of-the-art reviews and advice concerning new developments in vector control, and as appropriate, develops plans for implementation of modified or new vector control approaches in Tanzania.
The Director -MEL will work as part of the TVCA senior technical leadership team led by the Project Director. This specialist is responsible for providing overall technical and program leadership in the design, implementation and oversight of TVCA’s ME&L portfolio. This will be focused on the design, implementation, and monitoring of the TVCA program components which include determining the insecticide treated net (ITN) access among targeted populations; delivering ITNs to targeted populations; reviving the commercial market for ITNs; providing guidance on effectiveness of vector control interventions used in Tanzania; and providing guidance on new evidence-based vector control approaches.
The Director-MEL will oversee implementation of an integrated M&E system to track the inputs, processes, outputs and outcomes of each of TVCA’s. In this regard, the Advisor will also oversee quality control and timely production of required project data, tools, materials and products relevant to M&E, including any operational research and baseline/end line surveys.
- Lead the design and implementation of the TVCA’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project learning activities working closely with other technical staff, including required operations research, performance evaluations, impact evaluations and rapid/special studies.
- Design and implement mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the project is aligned national malaria strategies and priorities.
- Lead and facilitate the evaluation of TVCA’s contribution towards Tanzania’s overall malaria response.
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and research and learning methods.
- Ensure research implementation adheres to FHI 360 and international policies and standards and remains technically and ethically sound.
- Oversee a team of monitoring, evaluation and research staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, or biostatistics or equivalent. A PhD will be desired.
- Five years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, preferably with donor funded health initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of MEL systems in developing country contexts.
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data analysis software program (SAS, SPSS) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience living or working in Tanzania is preferred.
- Experience with a USG-funded projects is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.