Environmental Engineer at Arusha Technical College
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Arusha Technical College
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Arusha Technical College (ATC) was established in March 2007 through the Arusha Technical College Establishment Order No. 78 under the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Act No.9 of 1997 to replace the then Technical College Arusha that existed since 1978. The College therefore has over 40 years’ experience in delivery of technical education and training programmes. : Arusha Technical College through East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) is seeking to employ Environmental Engineer, Procurement & Logistics Officer and Procurement & Logistics Assistant on contractual basis to assist implementation of the project at Kikuletwa Renewable Energy Training Centre.
Job Title: Environmental Engineer
Job code Title: KRETC #2
Project: East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Duty Station: Arusha Technical College (Main Campus) and Kikuletwa Renewable Energy Training Centre
Duration of Contract: Two years renewable on successful achievement
Reporting to: Project Coordinator .
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports
• Provide system and component design that reduce negative impact on environment
• Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability
• Create plans to protect and restore the environment by removing contaminants from water, air and land Implement, manage and supervise the day-to-day tasks of construction and remediation schemes
• Communicate with sensitive stakeholders such as local residents in order to minimize the impacts of projects on the community
• Regularly liaise with clients and local authorities relating to planning aspects of projects
• Develop site-specific health and safety protocols such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading and transporting raw materials
• Advise the College Management about preventing future difficulties
• Develop, implement, and manage plans related to conservation and management of natural resources
• Advise the College Management on procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites in order to protect people and the environment
• Serve is liaison with Governmental agencies and officials on issues pertaining to solid and hazardous waste program requirements
• Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation and performing other general administrative duties.
• Develop resources management schemes and providing systems technical evaluation for the Project
• Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, other specialists, and experts in law to address environmental problems for the Project
• Performs any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the College Management
The person should have a proven familiarity with
• Quality assurance, documentation, environmental rules, regulations and best practices, project management skills,
• Ability to work with various stakeholders and willingness to move forward the East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project
The person is required to have the following academic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering.
• Land Management and Valuation from a recognized and reputable institution and must be registered as a Professional Engineer/Valuer with a relevant Board.
• Work Experience A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in areas related to land management and valuation; working experience in international Projects (ie. World Bank, AIDB, UN, JICA etc.) Will be an added advantage.
• Remuneration a negotiable, attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering
Job Experience Requirements: five (5) years
How to Apply
1. Applicants must attach an up-to date current curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone numbers ii. Age limit for all applicants is 55 years old iii. All applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following: Copies of relevant academic certificates, transcripts and birth certificate * Name and complete address of three reputable referees iv. Testimonials, partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted V. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action vi. Deadline for application is 16 August, 2019 vii. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview viii, Application letters should be posted to the following address; me Rector, Arusha Technical College, Junction of Moshi-Arusha and Nairobi Roads PO, Box 296, Website: www.atc.ac.tz E-mail: [email protected] Tel : +255 27 29 70056 6000L7186