Engineers x2 at Magu Urban Water Supply And Sanitation Authority
- Company: Magu Urban Water Supply And Sanitation Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director of Magu urban water supply and sanitation authority.
- Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Civil, Environmental, Sanitary or Water Resources
Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- The candidate must be registered by Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania (ERB) Age between 18 and 45 years.
3.2 Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all water supply and sanitation facilities are working to the set performance standards as well as public health requirements.
- The Technical Manager is charged with the duty of recommending on the policies, standards, and procedures for:-
- The production and distribution of water.
- The control of water quality and wastewater effluent.
- The maintenance of water sources, water storage, facilities, water treatment works and water networks.
- The maintenance and operation of sanitation systems.
- The maintenance and operation of tools, equipment and vehicles used in running water and sanitation works.
- The maintenance of natural vegetation and landscape of the water sources as well as water and wastewater treatment plants including tank sites and booster station.
- To ensure that management information systems are in place to enable the monitoring, coordinating, production, repair and maintenance, planning, and construction are taking place smoothly.
- To be responsible for human resource acquisition, utilization, development and compensation in his/her Department in consultation with the Finance and Administration Manager.
- To ensure that strategic planning of Urban Water Supply and Sanitation development projects are at his/her finger tips to guarantee that operations, maintenance and quality keeping are taken into account for the growth and sustainability of the Authority.
- To manage water and sanitation assets.
- To conduct performance appraisal to all staff falling under him/her after mutually setting individual performance objectives, standards, and plan of actions with his/her subordinates; and proposes corrective measures to the Managing Director.
- To ensure proper and economical utilization of Authority’s plants, equipment, vehicles and workshops.
- To recommend to the Managing Director on the effective way of recruiting and selecting all senior technical staff in his/her Department.
3.3 Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to MAUWASA Salary Scale : MWAS 6/TGS E
Appointment will be on unspecified period of time
Method of ApplicationGENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, E-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Testimonials and results slips and statement of results are not accepted
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS or any other courier, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 14th October, 2019.
MAGU URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATIONAUTHORITY
P.O. Box 52,