EngenderHealth Jobs in Tanzania : Family Planning Technical Advisor
- Company: EngenderHealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
EngenderHealth in Tanzania supports the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCGEC) in the Mainland and Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) in Zanzibar to increase access to quality reproductive health services. Currently the organization is implementing projects that focus on increasing access to quality family planning (FP) with emphasis on long acting reversible and permanent (LARC/PM) methods; comprehensive Post Abortion Care (cPAC) and PAC/FP; prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and Gender based Violence (GBV) and Violence against children (VAC). EngenderHealth has received funding from LAD to partner with MOHCGEC and MOHSW to expand and strengthen PAC services at district hospitals, health centres, and dispensaries, with an emphasis on ensuring availability of LARC services and referrals for PMs in two regions in Mainland Tanzania (Arusha and Dodoma), Unguja and Pemba in Zanzibar to strengthen and expand PAC and PAC FP services in Zanzibar, including ensuring the availability of LARCs and referrals for permanent methods (PMs).
The project will cover 80 sites overall in 14 districts in Arusha and Dodoma regions and 18 sites in six districts of Unguja and Pemba (Zanzibar), for a total of 98 sites. Of these 114 sites, 96 are lower-level facilities (HCs and dispensaries) and 18 are designated district hospitals.
In her technical advisor role, the technical advisor will assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the LAD Project in Arusha, Dodoma, Unguja and Pemba is implemented according to the approved project documents including approved work plans and budget.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a technical resource person, she will work closely with Project Manager in programming and implementation of the project activities in the project sites in Arusha, Dodoma, Unguja and Pemba as outlined on the project award, and approved work plan and budget.
- Oversee the capacity building of the project related staff including training, mentoring and coaching to ensure provision of quality clinical services including family planning, post abortion care, and post abortion and postpartum family planning
- With the Project Manager and the project technical lead person identify specific areas of technical support and coordinate the provision of the required technical assistance to the project sites.
- Based on her past experience and networks, she will support the Project Manager in linking with the two Ministries for smooth implementation of the project
- Coordinate all project trainings ensuring that they are undertaken according to the national guidelines and as per the planned timeline
- Ensure that reports from the field are submitted on time for compilation for submission to the donor.
- Ensure implementation of the workplan is done timely and the field teams timely submit their monthly call downs
- Assist the Project Manager to compile semiannual and annual project reports and ensure timely submission to the next reporting level
- With the Project Manager coordinate supportive supervision to the project sites and provide technical support
- Participate and effectively represent EngenderHealth in technical meetings, special functions, program reviews and other related meetings.
Qualifications and key attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in public health with 3-5 years of work experience OR Registered Nurse/Midwife or Clinical Officer with 7-10 years of work experience in Family Planning and Post abortion care.
- At least five years of professional experience in the clinical/health sector with expertise in project management and quality improvement
- Proven experience in building capacity of clinical and non-clinical health providers and community-based health workers in PAC-FP integration, post-partum family planning.
- Experience with community-based health care provision and promotion
- Familiarity with MOHSW and private-public partnership structures
- Strong personal and professional commitment to PAC and FP
- Experience in LARC, PAC and clinical training
- Demonstrated ability to lead service delivery, demand creation, and capacity building interventions
- Proven skills and experience in the integration of male involvement in health services
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Government of Tanzania officials and local and international organizations working in health service delivery
- Ability to organize information and tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, pay attention to details, and handle a variety of responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills