Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority Jobs in Tanzania : Natural Gas Engineer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
(NARUC) Women in Energy Regulation Internship Opportunities
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, and petroleum and natural gas sectors.
NARUC is the national association representing the State Public Service Commissioners who regulate essential utility services in the United States. NARUC members are responsible for assuring reliable utility service at fair, just, and reasonable rates. Founded in 1889, the Association is an invaluable resource for its members and the regulatory community, providing a venue to set and influence public policy, share best practices, and foster innovative solutions to improve regulation, ation.
EWURA in Collaboration with NARUC has internship opportunities for which suitably qualified Tanzanian women graduates are invited to apply. The program is sponsored by the USAID Energy Division/Office of Energy and Infrastructure/Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3).
Intern. Natural Gas Engineer
a) Office: Gas Transmission Department
b) Supervisor: Principal Engineer – Gas Transmission
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide support in coordination, collation, analysis and storage of information related to natural gas transmission for regulatory reporting purpose in periodic basis.
• To provide support in carrying out technical analyses of natural gas components and report any potential problems that require attention.
• To assist in reviewing reports submitted by explorers, transporters and sellers,
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal intern for this position should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree Engineering (Petroleum, Gas, Mechanical, Chemical and Processing) and Geo 1 Science (Geology and Geo-Physics).
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants are required to have the following attributes:
• A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
• Eager/willingness to Learn; and
• Ability to work in a dynamic team;
Tenure and Remuneration ation
• Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
• Interns shall be responsible for their travel (where applicable) to and from the Authority’s location as well as their upkeep.
• Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage.
• Internship will be for the period of 3
• 6 months.
• Recently graduated Female Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, or currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized higher learning institution.
• The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
• Submission of a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
• Citizens of Tanzania.
• Applicants must be fluent both in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with degree certificates, transcripts, academic progress report, copy of birth Certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 22nd March 2019. • Only short listed applicants meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for opportunity will not be entertained and may work to the applicant's disadvantage. • Application letters with envelope marked "APPLICATION FOR NARUC WOMEN IN ENERGY INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES" should be addressed to: The Director General, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), 4th Floor, LAPF House, Makole Road, P.O Box 2857, DODOMA