Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority Job Vacancy : Commercial Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Employment Opportunities The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
Post Title: Commercial Manager – Petroleum
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to: Director of Petroleum
Commercial Manager – Petroleum will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the demand and supply of petroleum products to ensure that the country always has adequate petroleum products for consumption and ensure the availability of the required technical data or information in the computation of petroleum products prices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver on the Petroleum Commercial deliverables/targets as set in the Authority’s Strategic and Annual plan through effective performance management and development of Commercial team in the Petroleum Division.
• Formulate the strategy and work plan in the regulation of downstream petroleum industry and implement after endorsed by the Director of Petroleum.
• To always ensure that the commercial interests of the consumers and efficient suppliers are protected in the downstream industry.
• To monitor demand and supply to ensure that the country always has adequate petroleum products for consumption as required by the law through monitoring daily stocks and distribution across the country.
• To supervise collection of the required technical data or information in the computation processes of petroleum products prices and participate in review of computed prices to ensure accuracy in the computations.
• To monitor the behaviour of service providers with regard to anti-competitive practices as a way of ensuring a level playing field in the downstream petroleum industry
• To oversee the effective implementation of Bulk Procurement System (BPS) by working closely with Petroleum Bulk Procurement Agency (PBPA).
• To closely work with responsible Division in development of petroleum products price Setting Rules by providing the required inputs.
• Monitor licensee compliance with applicable laws, regulations and license terms and Conditions and prepare periodic reports for the Director of Petroleum on licensee compliance and performance.
• Monitor and analyse domestic market price of petroleum products and make comparison with world prices and prepare reports for public information.
• To develop good relationship with key stakeholders in the downstream petroleum industry.
• Carry out any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Petroleum.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
• Possession of University Degree in Engineering in Petroleum, Chemical and Process, Mechanical or Petroleum Geoscience from a recognized University
• Masters qualifications in Engineering or Business Administration.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
• Where the candidate is an Engineer, must be registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
• V) Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in senior positions (at least principal or equivalent) in the petroleum industry in the field of marketing with direct involvement in the business financial performance management (profit and loss analysis).
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
• A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
• Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
• Ability to work in a dynamic team;
• Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
• Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Women are encouraged to apply.
• Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
How to Apply
• Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 20th March 2019. • Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU). • Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage. • All applications through emails shall not be accepted and considered • Application letter should be addressed to: The Director General Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) 4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road P.O Box 2857, Dodoma, Tanzania.