EGPAF Jobs in Tanzania : Country Director
- Company: EGPAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SRI Executive Search has been contracted by the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation to assist with the search for an exceptional local candidate to fill the position of Country Director, Tanzania. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in nineteen countries and nearly 5,000 sites around the world to prevent transmission of HIV to children and to help those already infected. The Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care and treatment; to further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
The Country Director will promote the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s mission of eliminating pediatric HIV/AIDS through its global strategic plan by leading and managing the country program strategy and team as well as the effective and efficient delivery and expansion of programs and services in collaboration with local government, donors and other stakeholders in Tanzania. The Country Director will provide the strategic direction, put efficient management systems in place and be accountable for the results of a diverse portfolio anchored by the large cornerstone USAID-funded HIV/AIDS project. The Country Director will lead and facilitate the development, review and implementation of strategic and business plans to ensure the Tanzania Country Program remains strategically focused, viable and competitive. Serving on the Global Leadership team, the Country Director will collaborate with global support units to ensure that the EGPAF mission is achieved:
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher level education (MD, MPH, MBA, MSc, MA).
- 10+ years successful experience managing complex multi-sector international development programs in an African setting; experience in Tanzania preferred.
- At least 7 years proven experience in managing US government grants and/or cooperative agreements. Other international donor experiences an advantage. Experience in managing large grants of over $50M in value would be a desirable.
- Must have successfully led a large team of more than 100 staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIV prevention, care and treatment; knowledge of HIV issues in Tanzania with emphasis on pediatric HIV issues and challenges.
- At least 7 years proven experience in leading and managing staff, including recruitment, staff development, training, mentoring, and performance assessment.
- Demonstrated financial management experience, including the preparation and management of budgets and contracts, and the management of banking activities and relationships including the adherence to procurement procedures.
- Proven experience in networking, public relations, communications, advocacy and new business development.
- Experience in resource mobilization.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 30%.