EFTA Ltd Jobs in Tanzania : Managing Director
- Company: EFTA Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
As part of the anticipated regional expansion of EFTA’s operations, the Managing Director will retain overall responsibility for implementing EFTA’s operations in Tanzania. The role entails day-to-day management of the Tanzanian business while continuing to develop and expand EFTA’s innovative financial leasing product. Alongside the Group CEO, the Managing Director will be responsible for managing relationships with EFTA’s suppliers, liaising with the local board of directors, including preparation of annual budgets and operational targets. The Managing Director will retain primary responsibility for credit analysis and review of loan appraisals under the review of the EFTA credit committee.
Direct reports: EFTA’s Chief Operating Officer, Marketing Manager, Financial Controller, Credit Manager
Reporting to: Group CEO, local board of directors
Day to day responsibilities:
· Work with the Group CEO to establish and maintain a strategic direction for EFTA’s operations, ensuring that the Company appropriately balances sustainability and social impact;
· Monitor and anticipate change in the external environment, including regulatory condition and market developments, alerting the Group CEO and local board to these, including assessing likely impacts;
· Identify new opportunities within the market and lead the development of innovative products;
· Provide operational support to the development of new strategic initiatives by working closely
with the Group CEO to plan and implement the necessary organizational development;
· Assess risk/benefit of strategic projects and minimize impact on current performance;
· Provide financial and analytical support in any major negotiations related to strategic business proposals; and,
· Involve staff and others in developing new products, practices and services.
· Ensure the Group’s reputation is upheld and market expectations met;
· Oversee the direct interface with clients and ensure the delivery of excellent customer service;
· Oversee the development and maintenance of an effective marketing strategy and plan;
· Active networking and involvement in delivery of marketing and PR activities.
· Agree operating goals, assign budgets and monitor progress;
· Review operational costs considering other relevant providers and best practice;
· Review capital expenditure and revenue growth;
· Develop annual capital and operating income and expenditure budgets for review and approval by the
· Monitor and safeguard existing assets.
· Provide effective control of the organization to ensure best practice in the provision of products and
services to clients is always maintained;
· Act as the head of credit to review and assess loan applications alongside the Company’s credit committee.
· Articulate the culture of the Company and lead a positive work environment;
· Prescribe limitations of authority for reporting staff regarding commitments, expenditures and personnel
· Undertake and record regular performance reviews with direct reports.
Regulation and compliance
· Maintain an effective system of communication and adherence to Central Bank regulations, the revenue authority and other statutory and regulatory stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in a regulated top-tier financial institution;
- 15+ years’ experience in banking / SME finance;
- Deep experience in financial services in an East African context;
- Commitment to EFTA’s values and organizational ethos;
- Innovative, resilient and enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional attention to detail;
- Flexible, team player, adept at people management;
- Significant experience with credit analysis, including proficiency in MS Excel and financial modelling;
- Analytical rigour, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems and make tough decisions when necessary;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and work independently with a high level of project ownership;
- Commitment to EFTA’s values and team culture, including acting with the integrity and enthusiasm with all stakeholders;
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- M.B.A or equivalent;
- Working proficiency in accounting and legal matters as they impact a financial institution, including, knowledge of Tanzanian regulations relating to financial services;
- Experience in lease financing and/or development