Education Manager at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req5282
Job Title: Education Manager – DFID
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been providing education services for Congolese and Burundian girls and boys in the Nyarugusu Refugee Camp since January 2014 and extended education services to Mtendeli refugee camp in March 2016. Services cover the full education spectrum from pre-school, through primary and secondary school, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and tertiary education applications. Schools follow the country of origin national curriculum (Burundian and Congolese).
The IRC is the consortium lead for an upcoming project to be delivered in partnership with Caritas and Plan International. The two year project is designed to increase access to quality education for children in Nyarugusu, Mtendeli, and Nduta refugee camps.
Scope of work
The IRC is looking to recruit a DFID Education Manager, responsible for implementation of the day-to-day activities of the DFID education project in Nyarugusu Refugee Camp. Working closely with counterpart in IRC and partner agencies, the post holder will ensure activities are delivered in a timely manner and compliance with donor requirements. The DFID education manager will directly supervise the DFID Education Officers building their capacity in project implementation and ensure a positive team spirit is fostered encouraging innovative and quality programming. Working closely with the Education & CYPD M&E Manager, the post holder will ensure timely data collection and analysis is used in periodic reporting and to inform project activities. The DFID Education Manager will represent the IRC education team in relevant stakeholder meetings such as Education Working Group Meetings on camp level and Camp Coordination Meetings.
This position will report to the Deputy Education Coordinator and is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding.
Program Management and Implementation
- Supervise the implementation of planned activities, manage budgets (budget forecasting, BvA review, and budget follow-up) and report in accordance with IRC and donor regulations.
- Work closely with operations to ensure timely procurement of materials according to IRC policies.
- Assess project progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Ensure that all interventions are in compliance with the DFID project documents, IRC’s program strategy, national policies, and INEE Minimum Standards.
- Contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements
- Conduct regular meetings with project staff and community members to assess progress toward objectives, discuss issues and assist in finding solutions to challenges identified.
- Assess capacity building needs with education department technical team (teachers, trainers, education officers, and Manager and develop capacity building plans in partnership with the Deputy Education Coordinator.
Representation & Partnership
- Support the Deputy Education Coordinator when necessary in representing IRC in sector coordination meetings and interagency activities and promote IRC’s leadership in education programs.
- Support implementation of interagency assessments.
Program Management and Business Development
- Participate in program design and the development of new proposals in line with the SAP and OEF.
- Support compilation of learning from project implementation to inform the design of future programs.
- Support budget development and activity plans for new proposals and concept papers.
- Support development of communication materials highlighting the achievement of IRC and the impact it brings to the people served by IRC projects.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures and the IRC way.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation, The IRC Way, and Child Safeguarding Policy (TZ specific and global), as per the IRC Tanzania reporting mechanism.
- Participate in recruiting, training and mentorship of camp-based staff
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification (Master’s Degree preferred) in education.
- Minimum of three years of relevant, progressively responsible, professional experience in managing the implementation of education programs in developing countries.
- Minimum 2 years successful staff management, and coaching experience
- Remote management experience strongly preferred.
Please submit your application online through our recruitment portal before 16th December 2019