Economist at World Bank Group
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Bank Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Maintain macroeconomic database and regularly prepare updated medium-term macroeconomic projections. Use/run economic/financial models and toolkits using existing software packages, or Bank’s own models;
• Collect and analyze data as well as participate in exchange of information with Government, private sector officials and other international financial institutions and maintain the Live Data Base (LDB);
• Contribute to the design, preparation and implementation of budget support and lending operations in Tanzania;
• Assist in the design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting on Tanzania, including country economic updates, Country Economic Memorandum, Public Expenditure Reviews; and coordinate the preparation of the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA);
• Prepare briefs and analytical notes, and contribute to the writing of sections in analytical reports, in particular for the annual Tanzania Economic Updates Support the Country Management Unit (CMU) in the implementation of the World Bank’s Tanzania program
• Engage in policy dialogue with government of Tanzania in coordination with the Senior and Lead Economists;
• Develop and maintain active engagement with other development partners and local think tanks and researchers.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics with at least 5 years of relevant work experience or PhD (PhD is preferred and counts as 3 years’ work experience).
• Technical Proficiency: Skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in these areas.
• Communication and Team Skills: High level of personal and professional integrity. Self-starter. Strong ability to function well in a multi- cultural environment and working in teams.
• Results-oriented personality with proven problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills.
• Computer Skills: Familiarity with econometric software such as E-Views, STATA or other statistical packages and MS Office programs, including Excel, is essential.
The WBG Core Competencies: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.