Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Global practice for macroeconomics, trade, and investment
The Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (MTI) Global Practice leads the World Bank Group’s dialogue and engagement with clients in macroeconomics, fiscal policy, trade, competition and investment. MTI links the macroeconomic dialogue with programs focused on expanding the role of the private sector in economic development. In our day-to-day engagement with countries, we support Ministries of Finance, Trade, Economy and Production in their pursuit of reform agendas conducive to strengthening inclusive growth led by the private sector.
Duties and Accountabilities:
We are looking for a local Economist to work on Tanzania, based in Dar Es Salaam! You will be a core team member of the MTI East Africa team and will report to the Practice Manager (EA1M1). In the day to day work you will lead and contribute mostly to the Tanzania MTI work program. Responsibilities include monitoring and assessment of macroeconomic developments in Tanzania and will also assist in the preparation and supervision of MTI’s work program in Tanzania. You will work closely with the Senior Economist and Lead Economist for Tanzania.
• Monitor developments in the economy, research and analyze the country’s economic, financial and sector issues;
• Maintain macroeconomic database and regularly prepare updated medium-term macroeconomic projections. Use/run economic/financial models and toolkits using existing software packages, or Bank’s own models;
• Collect and analyze data as well as participate in exchange of information with Government, private sector officials and other international financial institutions and maintain the Live Data Base (LDB);
• Contribute to the design, preparation and implementation of budget support and lending operations in Tanzania;
• Assist in the design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting on Tanzania, including country economic updates, Country Economic Memorandum, Public Expenditure Reviews; and coordinate the preparation of the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA);
• Prepare briefs and analytical notes, and contribute to the writing of sections in analytical reports, in particular for the annual Tanzania Economic Updates Support the Country Management Unit (CMU) in the implementation of the World Bank’s Tanzania program
• Engage in policy dialogue with government of Tanzania in coordination with the Senior and Lead Economists;
• Develop and maintain active engagement with other development partners and local think tanks and researchers.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics with at least 5 years of relevant work experience or PhD (PhD is preferred and counts as 3 years’ work experience).
• Technical Proficiency: Skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in these areas.
• Communication and Team Skills: High level of personal and professional integrity. Self-starter. Strong ability to function well in a multi- cultural environment and working in teams.
• Results-oriented personality with proven problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills.
• Computer Skills: Familiarity with econometric software such as E-Views, STATA or other statistical packages and MS Office programs, including Excel, is essential.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share