Economics Advisor at Shell
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Shell
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Shell Exploration and Production Tanzania Limited, a Subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell Plc is the operator of the deep-water Blocks 1 and 4, offshore Tanzania. Following a successful exploration and appraisal campaign, large enough quantity of gas has been discovered to underpin an onshore LNG project. The role of the Economics Advisor is to contribute to maximizing Shell’s Upstream and Integrated Gas business value, preparing economic analysis for the Shell’s operated offshore Blocks 1 and 4. The Economics Advisor is a core member of the multi-disciplinary opportunity team focusing on integrating valuation assumptions, maintaining and developing economic models and delivering value insights to enhance the opportunity value proposition in close co-operation with the other members of the Asset team. The pivotal nature of the economist’s role in the opportunity team exposes the economists to each of the different disciplines, building a detailed understanding of all the value drivers based on each of the disciplines valuation assumptions. The Economics Advisor ensures version control of input assumptions, models and output is maintained and accessible to their Team Leads at any time. The Economics Advisor is expected to gain substantial experience in Integrated Gas value chains; fiscal systems insights, identifying value drivers and using value drivers to improve value propositions, and internal/external stakeholder management. The Economics Advisor supports the preparation of commercial negotiating strategies and occasionally participates in negotiations, particularly in cases where open-book economics are applied, fiscal systems are being shaped, and when it is beneficial to understand third party positions. The Economics Advisor actively seeks timely feedback from stakeholders, shares knowledge, experience and practices worth replicating. The Economics Advisor actively contributes to the continuous improvement in understanding of the business context the project operates in, through external engagements with the Tanzanian stakeholders
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills.
- A minimum of bachelors degree in Economics or equivalent with at least 3 year in the extractive industry.
- Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically Excel.
- Ability to quickly absorb and adapt to ways of working in economic modelling and analysis.
- Ability to extract insights from analysis to aid management decisions. •
- Knowledge of / experience with petroleum economics and international petroleum contracts is a requirement.
- Good external networker who can bring together information from different sources.
- Strong team player with the ability to work with colleagues from different background and culture.
- Energetic, Self-starter and an excellent verbal, visual and written communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build internal / external networks.
- Strong preferences for candidates with experience in dealing with Government bodies.
- Fluent in English required.