Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees Jobs in Tanzania : Nutritionist
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees, headquartered in Dar es Salaam. Founded in 1987 CUAMM focuses on designing health system strengthening projects, with particular attention to the needs of women and children, and tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects. Through its evidence based approach, CUAMM works to remove the barriers preventing communities from accessing health services, and to improve the quality of the same services, to achieve accessible, quality and equitable healthcare fo everyone.
The selected person will be responsible for proper implementation of project health facility nutrition activities, as per work plan of Doctors with Africa CUAMM dedicated to severe acute malnourished children. He/She will coordinate with the Project Manager. He/She will also be co-responsible to maintain good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders at local and District level and, particularly, with health institutions.
INTEGRATED PROJECT FOR THE RIGHT TO WATER, HEALTH AND NUTRITION IN DODOMA AND IRINGA REGIONS – CENTRAL TANZANIA
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The Project Nutritionist will support the health facility personnel and District Authorities in
developing services aiming at increasing awareness as well as at detecting and referring cases of children with malnutrition. Activities which are able to promote changes in behaviours and best practices in nutrition at facility level, offering effective nutrition services and treatment, increasing the sensibility and knowledge on nutrition issues.
- Support the Project Manager in planning, monitoring and coordinating health facility activities;
- Conduct health facility support, working side by side with the health staff, doing daily training on the job and staying in the health facility the time needed for understanding the gaps and the needs.
- Identify training needs and prepare training programs for health staff in collaboration with the doctors in charge and the PM.
- Conduct quarterly health facility supervisions of health staff activities utilizing the given tools and following the IMAM guidelines;
- Prepare reports and analyses;
- Conduct data collection in the health facility of the Project’s area;
- Monitoring the data collection process in collaboration with the PM;
- Prepare and conduct with the PM the quarterly IMAM meeting with all the in charge of the health facilities and the medical authorities to give the supportive supervision feedback and plan together the next step forward.
- Plan, organize and ensure that mapping activities are correctly done and that they meet the project’s expected targets;
- Remains up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices and donor requirements in nutrition and other related health programs;
- Contribute to ensure and supervise the effective referral systems along the continuum of care for the project beneficiaries in collaboration with the field officer, DNuOs and the health staff.
- Supervise the correct use of Therapeutic food in the health facility and coordinate the quarterly order from the District to the Organization.
- Participate to District and Regional Nutrition meeting with the PM.
- As part of the team, she will contribute to CUAMM’s general Mission and Goals.
- Ensuring project activities are properly included and in line with National Multisectoral Nutrition Action Plans (NMNAP) and Regional Nutrition Strategic Plan
- Supporting Doctors with Africa CUAMM and District Authorities to build sustainability of the intervention through proper planning and budget allocation
- Any other duties required by the Project Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Human Nutrition and/or Family and Consumer Studies (FCS)
- 2 years working experience in International NGO in similar projects
- Proven proficiency in oral/written English;
- Computer literacy in MS Office and Internet
How to ApplyPlease include: up-to-date CV; (at least) two contactable professional references; a covering letter. Applications not including all these information will not be considered; applications submitted after the deadline will also not be considered,
- The application must be sent at Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees at the following email address: [email protected]
- Applications received through any other means will not be taken into consideration;
- DO NOT attach copies of certificates/diplomas;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; Deadline for submission of applications is 22/03/2019