Director Of Planning, Research And Policy at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB)
- Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank was established for the following purposes, among others:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural development and overall economic growth;
- To become an apex agricultural financing bank and an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA).
TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies below:
Nature and scope:
The job holder reports to the Managing Director. He/She is responsible for coordinating the planning of the bank programs and activities, research and advisory services as well as policy-related matters for the bank.
• To co-ordinate development of the bank’s long term strategy and corporate plans, and to monitor their implementation including conducting periodic plan reviews;
• To prepare policies and guidelines on the formulation of plans, setting of targets, performance measurement and reporting thereof;
• To co-ordinate development of performance management standards i.e. indicators and targets in all functional units with respect to set objectives.
• To co-ordinate preparation of plan performance reports for submission to management and recommend on performance improvement measures.
• To manage continuous business process improvements and coordinate the preparation of policies, procedures and operational manuals, and to be the custodian of them.
• To identify and asses resource needs (quality and quantity) and measures to acquire them.
• To provide advice on the preparation of programs intended to facilitate business processes; and recommend organizational strategies and changes as may be considered necessary.
• To maintain a corporate knowledge management framework.
• To prepare plans and budgets for the division.
• To prepare terms of reference and provide overall co-ordination for work by consultants, e.g. to review and propose a legal and regulatory framework suitable for the bank including the prudential guidelines, as well as any other consultancies related to the bank’s business strategy.
• To coordinate and carry out research aimed at enriching the bank’s knowledge and information base to facilitate implementation of its vision, mission and objectives.
• To identify and manage line-of-business changes and build on ongoing partnerships with government leaders, key stakeholders and business partners for effective change management.
• To co-ordinate the bank’s efforts aimed at establishing and maintaining collaborations and partnerships with other development banks for the purpose of sharing knowledge and business.
• To conduct and facilitate training programs on corporate planning.
• To develop and manage the bank’s relationship with various stakeholders, government offices and the public.
• To monitor and report on implementation of management decisions and directives regarding the bank’s strategy and corporate plan.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience of which 5 must be in a senior position in a busy development/commercial bank or banking/finance institution.
• Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
• Knowledge of Data Analysis software/programmes.
• Highly developed analytical skills in finance and economics.
• Capacity to interpret national policies and financial regulations and implement