Digital Finance Advisor at Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
SBFIC wants to hire a Digital Finance Advisor with solid experience in this area. The Digital Finance Advisor will provide technical advisory services to partner organizations. He/ she will also work in close collaboration with other IT and Digitalization Experts of SBFIC in East Africa and beyond.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 5 years
In 2019, the German based NGO Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation (SBFIC) started a new initiative with the aim of advancing digitalization in the Tanzanian MFI and SACCOS sector, together with the Tanzania Cooperative Development Commission (TCDC), the Savings and Credit Cooperative Union League of Tanzania (SCCULT) and SELF Microfinance Fund (SELF MF). This project consists of IT needs assessment, advice on the selection of core banking software and service providers, data migration and digitalization of financial services, among others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Advise on technical implementation of digital finance projects, which involves provider selection and contract management, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, training, risk assessments, risk mitigation measures, etc.
- Provide technical advice to SBFIC’s partners on the architecture and environment of IT operations and digital solutions;
- Conduct IT needs assessments for partner organizations (power supply, internet connectivity, hardware, infrastructure, hosting, software, applications, etc.)
- Support SBFIC’s partner organizations in the development of relevant documents in the scope of IT projects, such as terms of reference, contracts, service level agreements, business requirement definitions, etc.
• Support SBFIC’s partner organizations in the negotiation of contracts with IT service providers and other relevant business partners
- Advise SBFIC’s partner organizations in the testing of software solutions
- Advise SBFIC’s partner organizations on the usage of digital finance products and services to increase the usage of digital finance channels and to improve the user- friendliness of the products
- Contact person and 1st level support for IT-related issues in the Tanzanian SBFIC office
- Support fundraising activities for projects
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of digital financial services/ digitalization of banking processes and payments (e.g., financial institutions like
commercial banks, MFIs, mobile money service operators, payment aggregators or payment switch providers)
- 3 years of project management experience at the level of lower or middle management
- Experience in consulting and advisory in the area of digital finance (implementing processes and business models) is a plus
- Master’s degree in ICT or any other relevant subject (such as Business Computer Science, Information Science or Information and Communication Technologies) preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or alike with a minor in an ICT/digitization-related subject possible.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (spoken and written). French is a plus. Profile
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism
The main work location for the Digital Finance Advisor will be Dar es Salaam. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and occur occasionally to other countries in East Africa, especially Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda.
What we offer
- Working on interesting and diversified tasks with a high level of self-responsibility
- Insights into a well-structured organization in the area of international development cooperation
- Working in a dedicated and supportive international team
- Monthly salary according to the contract
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Please submit your CV, a cover letter and relevant certificates (incl. transcripts of records) clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to [email protected] Add your salary expectations to your e-mail. Please send your complete application documents as one PDF file. Applications will be received not later than September 24th, 2019.