Deputy Vice Chancellor (Resources Management) at Open University Of Tanzania
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Open University Of Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Open University of Tanzania is a public University,
I established by the Act of Parliament No 17 of 1992. Repealed and Replaced by the OUT Charter Inc. of 2007 from January 1st 2007, since then the University has been operating under this Charter which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. Its stated mission is to persistently provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible, and affordable open online education, research, and services to the community for social- economic development of Tanzania, Africa and the rest of the World. The Open University of Tanzania operates through its headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and its 27 Regional Centres in Tanzania Mainland and Four (4) Coordination Centres in Kahama, Tunduru as well as in Zanzibar and Pemba Islands. The University also has other Coordination Centres in the following Countries Kenya, Namibia, Uganda, Ghana, Ethiopia and Zambia.
The term of office of the current DEPUTYVICE CHANCELLOR RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (DVCRM) will come to an end on 21/04/2020 and therefore, the University hereby invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for this position. .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE This is a Senior Administrative position. The applicant must be a Tanzanian who is an Associate Professor or Professor, a holder of PhD or equivalent from a recognized University with not less than five years of proven Resource Management and administrative experience, preferably gained from a higher learning institution.
• Chief Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all Administrative matters pertaining to the University Principal
• Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all matters pertaining to Finance, and Accounts and Planning
• Principal Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in all Human Resources Management and other Physical Resources Management issues
• Have such other functions as are conferred upon him/ her by the Universities Act, OUT’s Charter of incorporation & regulations and other acts or as may be prescribed by the University’s Vice Chancellor
OTHER ATTRIBUTES The Applicant must:
• Have Leadership skills with proven experience in a Resource Management in a similar level or as a Director or Principal,
• Be a Person with high integrity and budgeting skills,
• Have remarkable experience in income generation, and resource mobilization from within and outside Tanzania.),
• Have Good knowledge of information and Communications Technology (ICT)
• Be able to work under pressure and beyond normal hours
• Not above 60 years old.
SALARY: Attractive salary, based on the standing regulations.
FRINGE BENEFITS: As spelt out by the existing University Regulations.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee at the address below NOT later than Friday 9 August, 2019. Applicants are further advised to request their Referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee within ONE week after the closing date for applications. The Chairperson, Search Committee for the Deputy Vice Chancellor (RM) The Open University of Tanzania, P.O. Box 23409, DAR ES SALAAM. Attn: SECRETARY TO COUNCIL