Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic at Open University of Tanzania
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Open University of Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The Open University of Tanzania is a public University, was established by the Act of Parliament No 17 of 1992. Repealed and Replaced by the OUT Charter Inc. of 2007 from January 1st 2007, since then the University has been operating under this Charter which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. Its stated mission is to persistently provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible, and affordable open online education, research and services to the community for social-economic development of Tanzania, Africa and the rest of the World. The Open University of Tanzania operates through its headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and its 27 Regional Centres in Tanzania Mainland and Four (4) Coordination Centres in Kahama, Tunduru as well as in Zanzibar and Pemba Islands. The University also has other Coordination Centers in the following Countries Kenya, Namibia, Uganda, Ghana, Ethiopia and Zambia.
The term of office of the current DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC (DVCAC) will come to an end on 20/04/2020 and therefore, the University hereby invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for this position. .
• Chief Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor in respect of all Academic matters pertaining to the University.
• Chief Academic Planner for Teaching, Research and Consultancy for the University.
• Principal Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in all Academic matters including coordination of Deans/Directors of Faculties/Institutes.
• Have such other functions as are conferred upon him/her by the Universities Act, OUT’s Charter of incorporation & regulations and other acts or as may be prescribed by the University’s CEO.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES The Applicant must have:
• Proven experience in an Academic institution in similar level or as a Dean or Director or Principal, Leadership skills, integrity and Experience in Supervisory and Coordination skills, Remarkable experience in Research and Consultancy (with previous records of attracting Research Funds from within and outside Tanzania to the University)
• Good knowledge of information and Communications Technology (ICT) Able to work under pressure and beyond normal hours
• Knowledge in Distance Learning will be an added advantage
• Not above 60 years of age.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
• This is a Senior Administrative position.
• The applicant must be a Tanzanian, who is an Associate Professor or Professor,
• A holder of a PhD or equivalent from a recognized University
• Not less than five years of proven academic management and administrative experience preferably gained from a higher learning institution.
Job Education Requirements: PhD
Job Experience Requirements: five years
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees* (including the last employer) should reach the Chairperson of the Search Committee at the address below NOT later than Friday 9th August 2019. Applicants are further advised to ask their Referees to submit reference letters directly to the Search Committee latest ONE week after the closing date for applications. The Chairperson, Search Committee for the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic, The Open University of Tanzania, P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam Attn: Secretary to Council