Deputy Rector Academics, Research at Institute of Social Work
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Institute of Social Work
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Institute of Social Work (ISW) is a Public Higher Learning Institution accredited by National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and established by the National Social Welfare Training Institute Act. No. 26 of 1973 (as amended by the Miscellaneous Act No. 3 of 2002). The Institute offers training in the fields of Social Work (NTA Level 4-9), Human Resource Management (NTA Level 4 – 8 and Postgraduate), Business Administration (NTA Level 4 – 8), Industrial Relations and Public Management (NTA Levels 4-8 and Postgraduate) and Community Work with Children & Youth (NTA Level 4).
The Institute invites applications from qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following Vacant Posts:
Deputy Rector Academics, Research And Consultancy
The incumbent will be the in-charge of managing day to day operation of the Institute including promoting efficiency in academic activities related to Training, Research and Consultancy.
Key Qualifications & Experience
• Holder of a PhD Degree in fields of Social Work, Human Resource Management, Labour Studies and other related fields.
• Associate Professor with three (3) peer reviewed Publications.
• Eligible for registration as a professional lecturer with at least ten (10) years experience preferably in Research or Consultancy with Doctoral Degree in a relevant field, five (5) Consultancy/Research reports of the academic and professional appreciable depth.
• Must have at least ten (10) years experience out of which three (3) years should be in managerial position..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties of Deputy Rector Academics, Research and Consultancy shall include;
• Being responsible to the Rector in respect of such matters of technical education administration and delivery.
• Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes at the institution.
• Being responsible for the smooth running and development of academics in the Institute,
• Advising Rector on all matters pertaining to Academics Management, quality control and assurance.
• Evaluating current progress of academics at the Institute and recommending future programmes.
• Recommending appropriate budgets for the Academic directorate,
• Overseeing research and consultancy activities at the Institute.
• Coordinating the development and establishment of academic programmes and management of academic resources.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by higher authority.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
INTEGRITY CONSIDERATION: Applicants should not have been convicted of any criminal offences in any Court of Law in Tanzania or otherwise.
REPORT TO: Rector
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT: Four (4) years contract and may be re-appointed consecutively for one (01) more term of the same duration.
AGE LIMIT: Not above fifty-five (55) years at the time of application.
Attractive package is set aside and will be offered to successful candidates commensurate with skills and experience possessed based on the Institute’s Schemes of Service
How to Apply
All application letters accompanied by updated CV, Certified copies of Birth, Academic and Professional Certificates and names of at least three (03) referees indicating their contact address and telephone numbers, should be addressed to: - Chairperson, Search Committee-ISW, Ardhi University, PO, Box 35176, Dar es Salaam. N.B: Letters should be sent through registered mail only before 26th August, 2019. Applicants who are Public Servants should channel their applications through their respective employers. Issued by: Rector P.O. Box 3375 Dar es Salaam