Deputy Field Coordinator at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req6509
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The Deputy Field Coordinator will be responsible for supporting, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the IRC programs in Kibondo, Kigoma Region with specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program. Additionally, the Deputy Field Coordinator will support adherence to the Mission Strategic Objectives, priorities in the Tanzania Program within program development in Kibondo. The Deputy Field Coordinator will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of Human Resources, Administration, Supply Chain, Finance and all Program functions of the program to ensure strict compliance to all IRC procedures/policies.
The position directly supervises the Kibondo finance Manager, Human Resources Supply Chain teams to ensure excellent operational services to support programme delivery. The role will also work very closely with Programme Technical Coordinators and their teams.
The Deputy Field Coordinator will oversee day to day management of Staff and will be responsible for assessing program support and program support staff quality, effectiveness and providing guidance and support to staff.
The role is a key representative for IRC in Kibondo and the surrounding camps. It will therefore represent IRC with government, donors, the UN and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
The Deputy Field Coordinator reports to the Regional Field Coordinator with close working relations with the Country Director and will be responsible for the following key responsibilities:
- Provide support and leadership in grant management, budget monitoring, new program development, monitoring and evaluation including strategic planning. More specifically:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant;
- Support field teams in the Review of Monthly Budget vs. Actual reports with program staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Collaborate with the DDP, CD and Regional Field Coordinator in multi-sectoral programme implementation, integration of Kibondo programmes and alignment to country strategy and commitments.
- Support Technical Coordinators in identifying new project ideas and support in proposal development processes.
- Support the regular monitoring and evaluation of programme outputs in collaboration with the M & E Coordinator and monitoring teams at the Kibondo field office
- Participate in programme discussions, strategic priorities and reviews at field, regional and country level, and support in articulating IRC programme to donors and stakeholders.
- Actively work with sectors in the implementation of SAP, documentation of lessons on SAP with the Kibondo field office.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC, funding source and government policies, procedures and requirements.
- Promptly informs the Country Director and or Regional Field Coordinator on any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations.
- Support the Compliance Senior Manager in prevention of violation, creation of a violence free work environment and the process of management of compliance processes.
- With support from the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator (SSCC,) and or the Senior Supply Chain Manager to monitor the security situation and development in IRC operational areas with implications for staff safety and for program implementation;
- Maintain Health and Safety standards by carrying out regular inspection of the office, staff compounds updating warning notices and up-dating first aid kits with the support of the Security Manager.
- Directly manages, supervises and mentors the Finance and Supply Chain staff of the Kibondo Field Office.
- Ensure that all performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency;
- Support in identifying training needs for Kibondo Field Office staff and make appropriate recommendations to the DDP and the CD;
- Ensure that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with IRC HR and administration policies;
- Ensure that all IRC staff at the Field level complies with the IRC Code of Conduct/IRC WAY and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- In collaboration with the Senior Supply Chain Manager, oversee the carrying out of supply chain operations by Kibondo SC staff, including procurement, stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
- Coordinates all transport and travel arrangements for Kibondo Field Office in collaboration with the SSCC
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor Supply Chain policies at all times.
- Support and ensure accurate staff movement planning at all times
- Support the Regional Field Coordinator in the standardization and harmonization of Kibondo supply chain practices, procedures and dissemination of the global Standard Operating Procedures to staff in Kibondo.
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations by Kibondo Field Office staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to DAR of cash transfer/petty cash needs;
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance policies at all times;
Representation / Communications:
- Represent IRC in external engagements with Government, UN-Agencies, IRC Partners, other NGOs, key stakeholders including in working group meetings;
- Coordinate IRC program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of IRC’s activities;
- Attend Camp coordination meetings, heads of agency meetings and other relevant camp based meetings representing IRC.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Education: Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience, including leadership of large team and management of individuals and budget management responsibility.
Fluent English and Kiswahili
Demonstrated successful leadership experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching.
Experience working in humanitarian and development contexts. Experience of Kigoma region specifically an advantage.
Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes.
Ability to work and live in a sometimes insecure environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Positive, motivated, flexible and a great team player
A very high degree of personal integrity, accountable for personal behavior and able to challenge others.
Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
Willingness to travel as and when needed
High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
Ability to work with tight deadlines for report writing/ information needs