Deputy Claims Manager at UAP Old Mutual Group
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: UAP Old Mutual Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
To ensure that general Insurance claims are handled expeditiously and in a professional manner thereby meeting the customer expectations and the Company’s Corporate Objectives.
- A bachelor’s degree
- ACII Qualifications
- 5 years working experience
- Basic computer skills
- Well- developed leadership skills
- Assertiveness and self-drive
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Speed and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Strong Analytical skills
|1. Ensure reserves are correctly and regularly reviewed to reflect current position of the company’s liability.
2. Monitor the performance of service providers for effective service delivery
3. Constantly analyze the performance of various classes of business and give recommendations to management on corrective measures to ensure the company remains profitable.
4. Ensure that claims are registered and acknowledged promptly, and customers are constantly updated on the status of the claim to ensure early conclusion of the claim and enhance customer satisfaction.
5. Ensure that recoveries area initiated and followed to conclusion so as to reduce the final cost of the claim.
6. Ensure that cheque requisitions are raised upon receipt of discharge vouchers/invoices to facilitate cheque processing.
7. Explore the best alternative of dealing with a claim so as to minimize expenses and costs
8. Maintain effective business relationships by constantly interacting with customers and service providers so as to ensure customers have a pleasant experience
9. Prepare management reports for the department to advice on the status of the department at any one time.
10. Supervise, train, mentor and coach staff within the department to ensure they remain motivate.
11. Examining reports submitted by external motor assessors and loss adjusters to determine whether to authorize repairs or offer settlement.
12. Appoint and monitor the performance of motor assessors and loss adjusters to ensure that the appropriate technical expertise is used in a cost effective and timely manner
13. Send out salvage tenders and maintain an up to date salvage register
14. Ensure that local and overseas reinsurers are advised of claims and details supplied to them, and that recoveries are received promptly
15. Maintain an accurate inventory of claim file folders