Demand Planning Sr. Advisor – Senior Associate at GuideHouse Tanzania
- Company: GuideHouse Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2019-10-14
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest-growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on all areas related to demand planning:
- Assisting PSU and MSD in conducting national essential medicines quantifications, including support of the bottom up quantification process
- Providing expert technical assistance in forecasting of commodity needs for both vertical programs and essential drugs.
- Coaching stakeholders from the GoT to review and analyze supply chain implications of product selection and changes in testing, treatment, and care guidelines, and adjust supply plans accordingly.
- Providing guidance to estimate the cost of required commodities.
- Assisting partners in identifying financial resources to meet commodity financing needs.
- Coaching the GoT to perform pipeline analyses and monitor in-country supply levels.
- Highlighting potential supply plan challenges, and develop recommendations to address them
- Consulting with project team members based in field to identify issues in data quality and availability and identifying opportunities to improve data that informs quantification exercises.
- Ensure timely submissions of supply plans to GHSC-PSM for all program commodity groups that the GHSC-TA-TZ program supports.
- Participate in routine communications with GHSC-PSM, and highlight issues that should be brought to national programs for decision making.
- Supervise and support project seconded staff at NACP
- Participate in annual workplanning process and provide inputs to the operations team to budget for demand planning activities including meetings, trainings, and other activities.
- Identify lessons learned, best practices, and success stories
- Complete and submit timely written technical and trip reports.
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Higher qualification in Laboratory technology, Pharmacy, Medical Doctor or other Public Health professions
- Demonstrated experience leading national quantifications for malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH)
- Experience in and knowledge of leading practices related to strategic planning, strategic plan implementation, logistics/supply chain management and or public health commodities management desirable.
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Ability to prepare and present information related to commodity availability
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders to develop strategies and manage implementation of projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (eg.Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
- Team player.
- Able to travel for an extended period of time in country to support technical activities.
- Able to travel internationally to attend trainings and conferences as needed.Extensive experience overseeing and performing project management activities for large complex consulting engagements, preferably in the health sector
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Student Loan Paydown
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program