DCB Commercial Bank Jobs in Tanzania : Chief Operations Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: DCB Commercial Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
DCB Commercial Bank was formed following an outcry of Dar es Salaam residents on the lack of capital as the major obstacle faced by micro entrepreneurs in their effort to improve their businesses. The bank was registered in 2001 as Dar es Salaam Community Bank Limited, the primary objective being carrying out micro finance banking dedicated to financing poverty alleviation programs. The Bank of Tanzania granted a banking license in 2002 to carry out banking business as a Regional Unit (community) Bank.
In 2013, the bank uplifted its license from Regional Unit Bank to a fully-fledged Commercial Bank. The bank has since then rebuilt its presence in the market by reviewing and aligning its branch network to a commercial set up, appropriately repositioning the existing branches and opening the Dodoma branch in 2017. The entire five year transformation exercise has seen DCB Commercial Bank PLC moving into a very competitive and well established bank ready to serve its potential market niche in the medium and long term basis.
The Bank is recruiting for the position of Chief Operations Officer to manage its IT and Operations department.
Position: Chief Operations Officer
The role reports directly into the Managing Director, a senior role in the organization. The incumbent in the role will be responsible to oversee the Information Technology(IT) and BackOffice Operations demonstrating strong leadership in line with the values of the Bank. He will be responsible to formulate the departmental strategies and accountable for implementation.
The purpose of the role is to ensure smooth, efficient and convenient IT and Back office operations to provide excellent support to the business.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Provide strategical advise to management on technological solutions.
• Identifying computerization requirements for the various Units/Departments in the bank.
• Presenting to the Management the technical solutions required for approval and eventual recommendation to the Board of directors.
• Recommending to the Management appropriate computer hardware and software for adoption by the bank.
• Reviewing the computer systems from time to time, with a view to ensuring that they are compatible with the established polices and procedures.
• Ensuring that back-up computer diskettes/tapes are kept in a safe place, preferably in another bank.
• Ensuring that the systems are efficient in supporting banking activities.
• Ensuring proper security of sensitive data.
• Managing system downtime to maintain efficient and convenient customer service.
• Develops and reviews back office operations & IT policies and procedures, controls and standards with a view to enable delivery channels of various products meet customer expectations.
• Providing cost effective control and governance of Information Technology (IT) to ensure that IT systems are well managed to support the business.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant regulatory framework, Bank operations policies, standards and guidelines.
• Ensures that operational risks within branches are minimized and systems and processes are in place to monitor and eliminate risks across all areas of branch operations.
• Reviews manual and automated banking operations with a view to ensuring that they are compatible with the established policies and
• Coordinates closely cash management issues including liquidity for banking operations purposes.
• Coordinates the supervision of alternative channels operations and
• Advises Risk Management Unit and business departments on policies
• and procedures that need to be reviewed for the purpose of minimizing risks and promoting operational efficiency.
• Develops and reviews operational processes that will ensure proper, adequate and safe maintenance of all branch banking transaction records
• Able to manage organizational level projects from planning to implementation
• Works with all Business departments and units to evaluate and develop operational plans that effectively support the goals and objectives of the business products and achievement of the overall business objectives of the organization
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the managing director
Job Holder Specifications
• A masters degree or a Bachelor degree in Information Technology
• Any other degree in Finance or Banking will be an added advantage.
• Highly experienced in IT systems and demonstrating knowledge in
• innovative IT solutions.
• Adequate knowledge of banking and back-office operations including
• treasury back-office, clearing, reconciliation
• Proven experience in senior management roles of not less than 5 years.
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
How to Apply
Applications should include the following: • Application letter signed by the applicant clearly indicating • contact details • Professionally documented Curricullum Vitae • Name of 3 referees with detailed contacts All interested applicants please submit your applications to: The Chief Manager-Human Resource and Administration DCB-Commercial Bank Magomeni Mwembechai-DCB House Morogoro Road P.O.Box 19798 Dar es salaam Or email to [email protected] Deadline to receive applications is on the 28th of February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..