Credit Officer at The Guardian Limited
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Guardian Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Guardian Limited (TGL), widely acclaimed as the Home of Great Newspapers, is part of the IPP Group of Companies – one of Tanzania’s leading private sector entities with dignified presence in the print media as well as television and radio broadcasting.
In our ongoing endeavour to ensure that, we have a team of highly qualified, diligent and motivated professionals in our various departments and units, we are looking for suitable people to fill the following vacancy below:
Job Title: CREDIT OFFICER
• Collection of outstanding payments in respect of advertisements
• Issuance of credit notes and control of credit
• Reconciliation of customers’ accounts
• Leading freelancers in making follow-ups on uncollected debts
• Ensuring that the debt status is as accurate and current as possible
• Developing reports on aged debt accounts and outstanding day sales
• To identify delinquent debts and take necessary action to recover the debts
• Offering customers quality services in a prompt manner
• Ensuring timely transfer of credit made to, and payments made by, customers
• Reviewing collection queue to perform collection activities accordingly
• Adhering to customer credit policies and procedures
• Closing outstanding amounts in monthly collection accounts to meet set targets
• Contacting debtors and implementing repayment schedules and terms
• Assisting in efforts to take legal action against debtors, including by providing necessary information
• Maintaining security and confidentiality of Company and customer information
• Ensuring compliance with the law during the collection of debts
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills .
• Ability to positively and meaningfully connect with clients and encourage them to make timely payments of debts owed
• Time management skills, particularly as relates to dealing with calls to – and by – Clients
• Experience in meeting retention and sales negotiation goals
• Basic computer software skills and ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
• Ability to work diligently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to reason and think quickly during negotiations
• Degree in Finance/Accounts/Credit Management .
• Three years working experience in Debt Collection and Credit Control
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria should send their applications, complete with detailed CVs, addressed to: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT THE GUARDIAN LIMITED P. O. BOX 31042 DAR ES SALAAM.
Alternatively, deliver the documents at The Guardian Limited offices in Mikocheni Light Industrial Area --- opposite ITV studios or send the application via Email:to [email protected] Deadline: 13 December, 2019 Please, note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.