Credit Appraisal Manager at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB)
- Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank was established for the following purposes, among others:
TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies below:
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Portfolio Management. He/She has overall responsibility for the appraisal of credit applications and management of corporate relationships and loan portfolio.
• To obtain all the client information necessary for the appraisal of a credit proposition and liaise with Credit Analysts as and when appropriate.
• To prepare and submit an Application for Credit in relation to proposed credit facilities.
• To prepare and ensure issuance of an offer letter to the client based on the approved Application for Credit.
• To co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that all required documentation is prepared and that this complies with the terms of the credit approval.
• To maintain frequent and close contact with each client and continuously monitor outstanding credit facilities.
• To monitor receipt of periodical statement of balance sheet, profit and loss, inventory, receivables, etc. from the client as required by the terms of the credit approval.
• To monitor the value of security and inspect goods hypothecated/pledged to the bank in accordance with the terms of the credit approval.
• To maintain the credit grading of clients under continuous review and to propose revision of the credit grading to credit Department as and when appropriate.
• To build capacity and provide business advisory services to corporate clients, micro, small and medium sized enterprises.
• To document meetings and other significant developments in call reports to be circulated as appropriate and retained on the client file.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by the Director of Portfolio Management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience, of which 3 must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution
• Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Banking, Finance or related discipline. Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
• Financial Acumen
• Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.