CRDB Bank Jobs in Tanzania : Independent Non Executive Director
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CRDB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
CRDB Bank PLc is a leading, private commercial bank in Tanzania. Established in 1996, the Bank has grown and prospered over the years to become the most innovative and trusted Bank in the country. The Bank reached an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange on 17th of June, 2009. CRDB Bank owns three subsidiary companies – CRDB Microfinance Services Company Limited, CRDB Bank Burundi S.A. and CRDB Insurance Broker Company Limited.
The Board of Directors of CRDB Bank PLc would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of Independent Non Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Board of Directors, the Independent Non Executive Director will perform the following primary duties and responsibilities with other Board Members:
- To determine the Bank’s vision, mission and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the Bank survives and thrives.
- To govern the Bank by broad policies and objectives, as formulated and agreed with the Managing Director.
- To assess the performance and effectiveness of the Board as a whole, and that of individual Directors and Board Chairman.
- To select and appoint the Managing Director of the Bank, review and evaluate his/her performance regularly and offer administrative guidance.
- To select and appoint the Director of Internal Audit, who shall report directly to the Board of Directors, and review his/her performance regularly.
- To oversee the Risk Management function within the Bank and its subsidiaries, and the effective management of investor relations.
- To appoint direct reports to the Managing Director.
- To regularly attend Board and other important meetings, corporate events and participate effectively and with commitment in Board assignments.
- To keep well-informed about Bank matters, be well-prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
- To build a collegial working relationship with other members of the Board.
- Experience in Legal, Insurance, ICT and FinTech.
- Expertise in Management, Banking including Credit experience.
- No criminal record.
- No involvement as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
- Clean credit record, including that of related parties.
- No history of bankruptcy.
- Multi-skilled candidates with legal knowledge and experienced practitioner in fintech and insurance will have an added advantage.
How to ApplyQualified and experienced candidates are requested to apply with the following:
- An application letter detailing your suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards.
- Certified copies of your current Passport (last two pages).
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Letters from 3 referees.
- Declaration of indebtedness to Banks.
- The applicant should not be a shareholder of CRDB Bank PLC, an employee of a shareholder or have a relationship to the Management or the Board.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Upcountry candidates will be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interviews. Interested candidates are invited to send their application in hard and soft copies to: