CRDB Bank Jobs in Tanzania : Head of Compliance and Governance (Ref No. CRDB/HCG/03 -19)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CRDB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
Our client, CRDB Bank PLc is an African bank and a leading financial services provider in Tanzania with presence in Tanzania and Burundi. The bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, the bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains one of the most responsive banks in the region.
In line with the current strategy, CRDB Bank is looking to recruit five dynamic and visionary Tanzanians to work with the bank to transform, grow and ensure sustainability. CRDB Bank Pic is inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply. The applicants must be of outstanding integrity with a good record of enforcing accountability.
Head of Compliance and Governance (Ref No. CRDB/HCG/03 -19)
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Compliance, the Head of Compliance and Governance will be responsible for ensuring that the bank is compliant with all banking laws, regulations, AML/CTF, sanction risk governance, and internal policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development of the departmental strategy on potential improvements for compliance and governance;
- Ensuring sound financial and internal controls, procedures and systems for monitoring money laundering transactions as per regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that risk owners are operating within the board’s approved risk appetite and controls, and escalate any noted breaches to risk committees through timely and accurately prepared risk management and ALCO reports;
- Conducting compliance reviews for all internal processes and controls and improving the effectiveness of compliance by conducting trainings and communicating all compliance issues to staff; and
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the business unit’s annual plan, budget and key performance indicators aimed at achieving the departmental strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Economics, Laws, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related area and relevant qualification from a recognized university;
- A Master’s degree in Banking, Economics, Laws, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field from a recognized university and/or post graduate qualification in banking will be an added advantage;
- Risk and Compliance Certification (Preferably ERM);
- A minimum of eight years relevant working experience, of which five should be at a managerial level;
- Thorough knowledge of banking compliance functions and enterprise risk management;
- Working knowledge of the Bank of Tanzania’s risk management guidelines and regulatory requirements;
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively work with varied internal and external stakeholders; and
- Working knowledge of banking operations.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications, please quote the job reference number on the subject of your email. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 01 April 2019.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
3rd Floor, Aris House
Haile Selassie Road
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
E-mail: [email protected]
© 2019 Deloitte Consulting Limited