Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Head of FM regional unit team providing independent investigative services to country business entities within Barclays for the country or regional – as requested.
BSIS are responsible for investigating fraud and all other matters referred for investigation by all Barclay’s entities. Barclays has a ‘zero tolerance’ philosophy to fraud and employee wrongdoing and for those outside the corporation who choose to illegally undermine our interests or attack our assets.
The Security, Investigations & fraud management team exists to ensure the safety of our reputation, through maintaining the highest standards of physical security for our customers and colleagues, recognizing the risks inherent in some emerging markets, together with a proactive approach to fraud prevention, detection and resolution. These functions are critical to the successful operation of an emerging markets banking business.
• Will investigate Banking and/or Credit Card fraud of the value of greater then 5k and as a member of the BSIS team.
• Investigate incidents and cases referred to BSIS & FM
• Where directed, supervise a team of Investigators banking and/or Cards.
• Work by ‘managing by numbers’ philosophy to minimize fraud losses and maximize recoveries, and report recommendation and track them out of investigations results.
• During investigation, conduct interviews, take statements, analyze facts, gather evidence and prepare reports as part of the investigative process. Participate in criminal, civil and disciplinary proceedings as required.
• Attend as a delegate or speaker conferences and seminars relating to Banking and Credit Card Fraud on behalf of BSIS, and deliver fraud training in coordination with fraud management head
• Work with our business partners within the Bank i.e. legal & compliance, human resources, audit & risk review, etc and external bodies i.e. law enforcement, external law firms, and related professionals during the course of the investigative process.
• Travels as directed throughout the country/region (and globally) to investigate and supervise and conduct investigations, promote BSIS & FM policy and provide guidance.
• Comply with all BSIS & FM investigation reporting standards and meet time management requirements
• Assist in the management of all investigation-related budgets and assume its responsibility
• Produce Investigation detailed report(s) as required
• Support in pre-employment screening process as required.
• Perform due-diligence report as required on all BSIS related work scope.
• Liaison with Police and Government authorities to ensure that BSIS is kept abreast of the most up to date information/intelligence on crime.
• Investigating incidents as required by BSIS country Head with un-limitation to fraud, money laundering, compliance, integrity issues employees wrong doing…etc.
• Report any Country legislative requirement that affect Barclays Bank.
• Implement all directives from BSIS Management.
Risk and Control Objectives
• In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
• Review the COO profiles of the business unit on a regular basis and provide consultative support to the Managing Director on changes that are required to rebalance risk and reward where required.
• Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
• Adhere to Barclay’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
• Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and have the ability to articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
• All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical skills / Competencies
• Communications skills (English, local written and spoken)
• Computer practice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
• Personal availability (24 hours accessibility and travel availability)
• Decision making (serious and strong personality)
• Working in group capacity (good relationship with employees and vendors)
• Management skills (trained in supervision responsibilities)
• Quality assurance (improving and learning capacity)
• Technical knowledge (installations, services, etc…)
• Security experience (police, banking, services, vendors, etc…
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Between five and seven years investigations industry knowledge and experience, preferably in corporate security
Excellent presentation and communication skills
Report writing skills.
Creative & practical execution of high level concepts
Working knowledge of risk management disciplines and processes
Has good understanding of latest security systems and equipments within the financial services sector, especially in country and market trends
• Experience of working in a multinational, multi-segment, environment with matrix reporting
• Strong Interpersonal skills
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share