Coordinator Evidence Collection, Capitalization and M&E at The Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project
- Company: The Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to: Project Manager
Level of Engagement: Full-time
Duration of engagement: I year.
Summary of the Position
The Coordinator Evidence Collection, Capitalization and M&E will have responsibility for all evidence collection and dissemination interventions and activities associated with the Project and supporting the Project Manager with M&E activities. The coordinator reports to the Project Manager and will have close interaction with all Component Experts and Advisors of the Project, as well as the Communications officer. Jointly with the Knowledge of Project Manager, the Coordinator will develop the HPSS Phase 3 Evidence Collection and Capitalization plan, and establish indicators for monitoring progress and will be responsible for guiding all research studies, ensuring high quality of methods and results.
- Managing and monitoring evidence collection and dissemination interventions;
- Work closely with Swiss TPH staff and technical assistants in Basel and in Tanzania to develop a costed Evidence Collection and Capitalization plan for the HPSS Phase III;
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement
- Assist in the development of project baseline data for each project component and for all Project indicators
- Ensure the timely completion of study reports and success stories and other programmatic information on the project for dissemination to the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), other partners and in appropriate forum.
- Coordinate evidence collection interventions, including design, data collection, management and analysis to assure high quality;
- Coordinate activities of the project steering committee for research and evidence generation
- Prepare, submit applications for research ethical clearance from the relevant authorities and ensure adherence to the research ethical regulations as stipulated by the authorities.
- Participate in the process of development of annual research agenda for the project.
- Support Project strategically with favourable relationships and alliances with local, regional and international research institutions and regulating authorities, including obtaining all needed ethical and other clearances and approvals.
- Support the Project Manager in defining an M&E framework for the Project and undertaking subsequent follow up on M&E data collection activities, tracking regular program performance and supporting the project manager to develop appropriate action plans to improve project performance.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; conduct data quality assessment; analyse and aggregate findings;
Qualifications and experience
- Masters’ degree or post-graduate degree in international development, social science, medical sociology, epidemiology, Social Sciences, Public Health, or any other related fields;
- Minimum of 5 five (5) years’ experience in designing, conducting/commissioning operational research of public health interventions in developing countries;
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys and research
- A well-typed CV;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates;
- Names of at least three (3) referees from previous jobs (line managers) with reliable contacts;
- Contact address during daytime (Postal Address,Telephone, e mail and Fax)
Method of Application
Send your application to the following address: Chief Finance and Administration Officer, Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project, P.O. Box 29, Dodoma. OR Online application via email: [email protected] and, or [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted. DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of application is on 08th November, 2019 at 16.00 hours.