· Through a participatory process, establish and register CBWSOs, one in each of the 6 rural districts of Kigoma.
· Facilitate establishment of operational systems and develop the CBWSO members’ capacity to manage them.
· Working with RUWASA District Managers, analysis of financial requirements of schemes and support setting up of tariff guidelines and revenue collection system.
· Support RUWASA in developing a system for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning for the CBWSOs.
Duration: The assignment is for 120 days spread across a one-year period beginning as soon as possible.
Location: The assignment will be carried out in Kigoma Region, and so the consultant, if not Kigoma-based, shall be prepared to travel back and forth from their base; travel arrangements shall be agreed upon.
Qualifications: The consultant shall have the following qualifications
· A graduate (Master degree level) in social and economic sciences, and/or equivalent
· A minimum of 10 years of practical experience in community work in social development projects including water, sanitation and hygiene projects
· At least 5 years working with community-based organizations and NGOs in areas of institutional strengthening and capacity building at local government level;
· Proven experience in facilitating training workshops, coaching and nurturing newly established partnerships
· The successful candidate will provide a traceable record of relevant experience in establishing community-based including cooperative societies, community-based organizations (CBOs), Water User Associations or Community water boards or local NGOs particularly those related to water supply/WASH, public health or small-scale business entities.