Compassion International Jobs in Tanzania : Partnership Facilitator I
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
This entry-level professional assists with interacting with the local church to build capacity and resources of local church partners to minister to children and youth in their own context. This facilitator is responsible for supporting relationships with church partners in a way that fosters mutual respect, trust, and service that builds up church ministry. At this level the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with moderately complex issues or projects for his or her assigned location and generally works under the guidance of her or his supervisor or a more experienced facilitator or as a team member on larger projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies.
- Supports relationships with the pastor, church or project staff and other key stakeholders. Builds respect and trust with the church and community by living out Compassion’s cultural behaviors in every interaction.
- Serves as Compassion’s key liaison with the church by providing resources to existing church partners in ways that are consistent with a developmental mindset.
- Helps churches to identify and utilize local resources, services, and relationships as well as maximize their own resources to support the ministry to children and youth.
- Assists with work plans and activities to reflect individual church needs. Helps churches implement plans to best grow in capacity and maturity.
- Supports and encourages cluster level activities and resources. Fosters and connects relationships within the cluster for the purpose of improving ministry to children, peer-to-peer learning, and addressing other needs in the families and the community.
- Encourages the participation of parents, children and youth in all aspects of the ministry. Actively supports church involvement in the broader community as an agent of social transformation that promotes child development and child protection.
- Assists with the contextualization of child protection practices at church partners. Supports child protection investigations as necessary.
- Upholds Partnership Management strategic process objectives within the scope of own contributions. Uses metrics and feedback from the church to identify areas for self development and improvement.
- Coordinates with the appropriate administrative assistants as locally defined, and those in Program Support or Business Support who have responsibility for Compassion’s role in those deliverables to ensure quality and completion.
- May participate in partnership preparation and selection activities as guided by the country’s specific strategy.
- Utilizes growing knowledge in partnership practices to meet expressed needs at church partners and collaborates with appropriate functional specialists to apply solutions.
- Proactively seeks understanding of details and needs of each church partner. Assists with the implementation of child and youth ministry at each church partner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- The inherent nature of the job and organization requires a mature Christian person, with evangelical Christian values; a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and above reproach in integrity and honesty
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a preference towards field-related Social Sciences, Christian Ministry or Management.
- A minimum of three years professional or intensive volunteer experience relevant to managing Christian ministry and/or other service activities.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills conducive to utilizing facilitation, collaboration and negotiation and establishing trusting relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Mature, self sufficient, self motivated and has an ability to be productive with only occasional supervision.
- Willingness to live in and relate with the communities we are serving.
- Willingness to submit to local church authority.
- Good leadership, general management, and problem-solving skills. Ability to reflect Compassion’s Leadership Principles.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability and desire to learn new things.
- Excellent written communication skills, especially reporting, and strong verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with using IT and Internet technology in remote and unique environments.
- Committed to working with the broad spectrum of Evangelical denominations and churches.
- Ability to travel domestically and be away from home for up to two weeks at time and no more than 100 nights in a year. Travel will vary downward depending on the location of church partners and whether or not the person is field-based.