Compassion International Jobs in Tanzania : Human Resources Business Partner III
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
This seasoned partner designs, implements and advises on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the incumbent anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends. This professional is generally competent in several human resources specialties and may be called on to coach or oversee the work of junior business partners.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Coaches managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Educates employees, answering questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution, performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, assists with or performs recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current and complete understanding of local and national laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements are as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates, and makes recommendations for resolution regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Analyzes the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Recommends and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Coordinates programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- The inherent nature of the job requires a mature evangelical Christian who can live above denominational values.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the brand in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline – masters degree or professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Seven years of experience working as a human resources generalist, business partner, or similar field. Experience at leadership level and knowledge of employment regulations are a plus.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule