Communications and Marketing Coordinator at FAME Africa
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FAME Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
About this organization: A US-based non-profit organization, The Foundation for African Medicine and Education (FAME), is looking for a hard-working, creative, globally-minded and passionate Communications and Marketing Coordinator to lead our communications efforts at FAME Medical in Karatu, Tanzania. The Communications and Marketing intern will work under the supervision of FAME’s Co-founders and the Director of Strategic Partnerships in the US.
Foundation for African Medicine and Education (FAME)
FAME advances patient-centered healthcare in one of the most under-resourced areas of northern Tanzania. We aspire to build healthier communities, where individuals from all walks of life have access to quality medical care and frontline healthcare workers are equipped with the resources they need to treat disease and save lives. Starting out as a mobile clinic in 2005, FAME has grown to include a hospital, laboratory and outpatient clinic with over 26,000 patient visits per year. In 2014, FAME launched a comprehensive Maternal and Newborn Health program to address one of the highest maternal mortality rates globally. In addition to labor and delivery services, FAME operates a prenatal program, family planning service, an under-five vaccination clinic and a cervical cancer screening clinic. A top priority at FAME is to empower its Tanzanian medical staff with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to serve their patients well. This entails on-campus continuing education, distance learning opportunities and a small scholarship program that allows select medical staff to further their education at medical institutions within Tanzania and abroad. FAME also recruits up to 37 overseas specialist doctors and nurses annually to mentor and learn from our Tanzanian medical staff. With a culture of life-long learning, FAME continually strives to better understand the needs and challenges of our community and to take our health center to the next level of excellence. .
General Position Summary
• The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work on-site at FAME Medical in Karatu to design and execute a more comprehensive marketing strategy aimed at increasing the organization’s visibility, ensuring brand consistency, and aligning digital and social media communications efforts with organizational goals and targets. S/he will also partner with the US-based Director of Development to align Tanzania-based communications and marketing with US-based fundraising initiatives.
Marketing & Communications
• Manage the design, execution, and continuous refinement of a marketing and communications strategy to ensure a unified, consistent brand identity across platforms, including a Squarespace-hosted website, various social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), Mailchimp email marketing campaigns, and scheduled communications including e- News, blogs, quarterly reports and annual reports.
• Strategy Development and Management
• Work closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships in the US to develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to improve clarity of message, increase brand visibility and grow our audience.
• Implement a strategy to expand our global community of supporters through social media.
• Maintain a detailed editorial calendar to ensure that all of FAME’s communications are synchronized, consistent, thorough, and aligned with established strategy.
• Manage all aspects of email marketing strategy including list segmentation, updating, and scheduling.
• Contribute to the development of marketing and communications materials including writing E-news, email campaigns, website updates, and blog posts, social media content, year-end gift calendar for donors, and other deliverables designed for an audience of individual, foundation, and corporate funding partners.
• Interview and photograph FAME staff and constituents and craft engaging stories that highlight the value of our patient-centered healthcare model, our culture of life-long learning, and the impact of our work and medical team on our community.
• Develop and regularly upload new blog posts onto FAME’s website.
• Schedule and post content to social media.
• Devise and implement processes for capturing and tracking website, social media, and email marketing analytics to improve conversion rates.
• Assist in data collection.
• Identify organizations and individuals in Tanzania with whom there may be the possibility of partnerships and in-country fundraising opportunities..
FAME is seeking someone with a
• Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations or a related field.
• One to three years’ experience studying, working or interning in an international NGO (experience in a health related organization an added advantage).
• Previous experience living in a developing country.
• Must be a highly-organized, proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, capable of working independently with limited structural support.
• Experience working in marketing and communications. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially strong creative writing and storytelling abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Capacity to be flexible, open-minded, empathetic and resilient.
• Willing to work and live outside of your comfort zone.
• Appreciation of cultural differences and interest in listening to and learning from others.
• Generosity of spirit, sensitivity/diplomacy, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission.
• Experience with Office Suite for Mac, Excel, MailChimp, Adobe Elements or Creative Suite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Excellent writing skills for developing content.
• Graphic design and photography experience a plus.
• Two year commitment preferred
• Level of Language Proficiency
• Fluency in English, basic knowledge of or desire to learn Kiswahili a plus
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Communications
Job Experience Requirements: Two year
Job Skills: Not Specified