Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Program Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The CHAI Zambia Senior Program Officer, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program supports the Government to coordinate and measure the performance of the national scale up of VMMC for HIV prevention. The program supports the Ministry of Health by ensuring that national VMMC targets are met and performance is monitored regularly to identify and share best practices as well as address areas requiring modification. This is done through the provision of technical assistance in the development of strategic documents, tools and analysis to support critical management systems and to galvanize sector-wide partner coordination.
CHAI is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with strong analytical and project management experience to join the existing VMMC team. The Senior Program Officer will be working with government officials and implementing partners. Therefore, candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, be able to function independently, be extremely self-motivated and have a strong commitment to excellence.
Reporting to the VMMC Program Manager, the Senior Program Officer will have an overall responsibility for leading the development of all program management and technical support to the MOH.
- Support the national and provincial VMMC Program staff to improve governance and coordination of the national VMMC program with a special focus on sub-national levels namely provinces and districts
- Work with MOH and cooperating partners to identify barriers to effective program governance and coordination at sub-national levels and develop innovative solutions to address the bottlenecks
- Provide required technical support for all program related meetings and activities such as; supportive supervision visits, national and provincial planning review and coordination meetings
- Technical support as required to the MOH National Sustainability Task Force including the sub-committee.
- Support the national monitoring and evaluation system to ensure effective service delivery of MC
- Support national and provincial program staff to develop innovative ways for mainstreaming program sustainability through integration of VMMC with other HIV related programs at sub-national levels.
- Support all community engagement sustainability activities in collaboration with the VMMC Consultants
- Support the VMMC Program Manager to supervise program staff, and government secondees, ensuring that all work plan deliverables are completed on time, well documented and are of high quality
- Support the VMMC Program Manager in all programmatic matters including report writing
- Work with team members to perform any other emerging tasks to ensure efficient program delivery
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of four years’ work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment; A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of effective project management and ability to generate results;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal capabilities;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to make linkages between interventions/programs;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and set priorities, and strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong sense of ownership, including the ability to work independently on complex tasks;
- Ability to maximize available data to provide strategic recommendations;
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with MS Office package;
- Willingness to travel domestically.