Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc Jobs in Tanzania : Associate, HIV Self-Testing
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Zambia has an estimated 1,216,000 people living with HIV(PLHIV) with an estimated 66% of this ppopulation reporting to know their status. Among those self reporting to know their status, 85% reported to be on antiretroviral therapy (ART). In addition, Zambia records an estimated 47,000 new HIV infections annually hence the need for scale up of HIV diagnostic services. In an effort to scale up HIV Testing Services (HTS), the Ministry of Health (MOH) has been working with partners to introduce various HTS strategies that can reach the various population groups that require HIV tests. As part of MOH efforts to increase access to HIV testing among various populations, the MOH approved the piloting of an oral HIV self test (HIVST) that was introduced in selected health facilities and other settings in 2017. Following the introduction of the HIVST in Zambia and other Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICS), CHAI has been contracted to conduct a market assessment of HIVST technologies.
The HIVST Market Assessment is intended to rapidly collect market intelligence to inform the development of national HIVST programs and identify market shaping opportunities. For the information to be relevant to the rapidly evolving national contexts and market, the first report will be completed by March 1st, 2019 for the period July 2017-June 2018 with a second report covering July 2018 – December 2018 completed by April 1st, 2019.
CHAI Zambia is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical capabilities to conduct the HIVST market assessment work over a period of five months. The Program Associate role is a temporal position covering the duration of the HIVST assessment. The incumbent will be part of CHAI Zambia’s HIV portifolio directly reporting to the Laboratory Sytems Program Manager. The Associate is expected to interact on a regular basis with donors, NGOs, academic and research institutions and civil society. CHAI works in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and places great value on resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility.
- Work with the MOH and other stakeholders in generating and analyzing data on HIVST in order to complete an HIVST market assessment.
- Work with the global HTS team to synthesize findings to inform the development of national HTS programs.
- Liaise with MOH and stakeholders working in Zambia, participating in HTS technical working groups and meetings.
- Document HIVST assessment into templates as required by the donor.
- Support the global HTS team to provide updates on grant performance and progress to the donor as requested
- Provide support to core HIV programs team to ensure that the objectives and deliverables of the CHAI Zambia HIV programs are met
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CHAI leadership
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Health Sciences
- 3+ years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including MS Excel
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals od different backgrounds
- Structured thinker with experience analyzing complex datasets to identify key trends and to translate them into actionable options for decision makers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve consensus amongst stakeholders;
- Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex processes