Clinical Officer (Nduta Camp) at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
- Implement MSF clinical protocols, tools, and hygiene standards in the management of patient´s disease conditions making sure to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee a good quality of care while also promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records according to medical ethics and MSF principles
- Applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services at his disposal when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
- Liaise with the direct supervisor the management of patients in the ward and other issues at work site that are relevant to assure smooth running of medical activities
- Pro-activity and willingness to support other departments plus participation in various meetings as required aimed at improving quality of care in work environment and human resource development strategy and flexibility to changing roles and work-sites according to circumstances of need but in line with the job description.
- Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data trace-ability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting when required.
- Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state, assuring that they have understood and to advocate for them as needs dictate while responding to their questions and those of their caregivers.
- Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
Minimum Educational Qualification:Diploma in clinical medicine, National Council for Technical Education certificate
Experience: Desirable previous clinical officer experience, or 2 years of relevant working experience.
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili is an asset
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases / Desirable computer literacy
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents (copies of diplomas) to KIBONDO MSF GUEST HOUSE, NDUTA CAMP CV BOX or sent by email to msfch-tanzania-[email protected] by 1pm on 6th December 2019. Please be sure to indicate in the subject line of your email the position title andreference number CLINICAL OFFICER.Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview. (MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)