Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Amani Centre for Street Children
- Company: Amani Centre for Street Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Moshi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
If your answers are “yes” and your interest is piqued, continue reading.
Amani’s Expectations of Experience for Qualified Candidates:
Strong candidates will offer a genuine passion for Amani’s mission and a track record of senior operations management skills and experience in a large (> 20 FTE) organization, preferably in the social-service sector.
Other desired qualifications include:
• Ten or more years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years in senior management for a large for-profit / non-profit organization (>20 FTE).
• Clear record of achievement and high-level expertise in financial management.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, change management, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• An independent, confident leader who is comfortable supporting a deeply committed Executive Director.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders – both internally and externally – by building trust and effective, genuine relationships. Humor, integrity, charisma, patience, and a natural learning posture.
• Track record of success in working with government agencies at local and national levels.
• Excellent strategic planning and execution skills, including experience developing and implementing operational plans to fulfill a broader vision or mission.
• A results orientation and a commitment to accomplishing concrete outcomes.
• Proven cross-cultural competencies; international exposure being a distinct plus.
• Commitment to Amani’s aims and objectives. Mission-driven.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on, and rapidly changing environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement; conversant in Swahili is very desirable.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with an advanced degree in a related field (such as business administration or public administration) preferred.
Amani Offers the Suitable Candidate:
• A competitive salary (for East African NGOs) plus a secondary benefit package.
• A unique opportunity for impact and national leadership, working with a first-rate leadership team in a dynamic environment.
Application Process and Details:
• Full job description is available at www.amanikids.org/coo. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume in English by email only to: [email protected]. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, though preference will be given to Tanzanian nationals.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and will be requested to present diplomas, certificates, and testimonials. Kindly do not, therefore, send such documents until having been short-listed and invited for an interview.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• On-site Location
• Full Time Schedule
• 4-Year Degree Required
Amani offers a secondary benefit package along with the invaluable unique opportunity for impact and national leadership, working with a first-rate leadership team in a…
Read more about benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement; conversant in Swahili is very desirable.
Method of Application
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume in English by email only to: [email protected]. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, though preference will be…