Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Amani Centre for Street Children
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amani Centre for Street Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Moshi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
If your answers are “yes” and your interest is piqued, continue reading.
Amani’s Expectations of Experience for Qualified Candidates:
Strong candidates will offer a genuine passion for Amani’s mission and a track record of senior operations management skills and experience in a large (> 20 FTE) organization, preferably in the social-service sector.
Other desired qualifications include:
• Ten or more years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years in senior management for a large for-profit / non-profit organization (>20 FTE).
• Clear record of achievement and high-level expertise in financial management.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, change management, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• An independent, confident leader who is comfortable supporting a deeply committed Executive Director.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders – both internally and externally – by building trust and effective, genuine relationships. Humor, integrity, charisma, patience, and a natural learning posture.
• Track record of success in working with government agencies at local and national levels.
• Excellent strategic planning and execution skills, including experience developing and implementing operational plans to fulfill a broader vision or mission.
• A results orientation and a commitment to accomplishing concrete outcomes.
• Proven cross-cultural competencies; international exposure being a distinct plus.
• Commitment to Amani’s aims and objectives. Mission-driven.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on, and rapidly changing environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement; conversant in Swahili is very desirable.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with an advanced degree in a related field (such as business administration or public administration) preferred.
Amani Offers the Suitable Candidate:
• A competitive salary (for East African NGOs) plus a secondary benefit package.
• A unique opportunity for impact and national leadership, working with a first-rate leadership team in a dynamic environment.
Application Process and Details:
• Full job description is available at www.amanikids.org/coo. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume in English by email only to: [email protected]. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, though preference will be given to Tanzanian nationals.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and will be requested to present diplomas, certificates, and testimonials. Kindly do not, therefore, send such documents until having been short-listed and invited for an interview.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• On-site Location
• Full Time Schedule
• 4-Year Degree Required
Amani offers a secondary benefit package along with the invaluable unique opportunity for impact and national leadership, working with a first-rate leadership team in a…
Read more about benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement; conversant in Swahili is very desirable.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume in English by email only to: [email protected]. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, though preference will be…