This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
8 Nov 2019
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Finca Microfinance Bank
Welcome to Jobweb Tanzania. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Finca Microfinance Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
FINCA Microfinance Bank (Tanzania)
FINCA MICRO-FINANCE BANK formed its first Village Bank in Mwanza in 1998, bringing its model of group lending to Tanzania. In the years since, over a million customers have gained access to responsible financial products including credit, savings and money transfers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage generation of financial statements according to local accounting standards
- Manage timely reporting to relevant local authorities (central bank, tax office, etc.)
- Manage timely reporting to F/I and hub
- Analyzes financial data and develop financial analysis as a key management tool with the aim of optimizing FINCA Bank Tanzania’s activities: identify risks, inefficiencies, negative tendencies, and propose measures that reduce risks, improving efficiency, and reverse negative tendencies
- Create/modify procedures such that they are low-risk and efficient
- Ensure compliance of FINCA Bank Tanzania with financial covenants in agreements with creditors and donors
- Create cash flow forecasts
- Ensure availability of sufficient resources for lending in the required currency
- Manage all financial transactions with creditors, banks, donors
- Manage the planning and budgeting process of FINCA bank Tanzania
- Act as the coordinator and main contact person with external auditors
- Keep all Management Team/Board members informed about relevant issues/developments in FINCA Bank Tanzania’s finance activities and department
- Participate/vote in decision-making (with Management Team/Board Members) on relevant “Finance” and “Non-Finance” issues
- Manages relationships with all Lenders, both local and external, in concert with the CMG Team in HQ.
- Manage the ALCO Process as the principal representative of the local subsidiary.
- Supervise all finance staff of FINCA Bank Tanzania. For finance staff located in branches, the CFO retains the “professional responsibility”, whereas the “administrative responsibility” is transferred to the branch manager
- Responsible for hiring/evaluating all finance staff (for branch employees: professional responsibility only; administrative responsibility is with branch manager), and their dismissal, if necessary
- Assess the training requirements for the Finance Department and for its individual employees, and develop a capacity building plan for the Department and its individual employees
- Preparation of staff to assume management positions
- Conduct performance evaluations of the staff reporting to him/her and verify that the supervisory personnel also perform evaluations of their staff in a timely manner according to established procedure
Create/develop appropriate reports: financial ratios; liquidity report; currency gap report; various credit reports; breakdown by branches/regions; breakdown by products; plan-fact comparison; historic development; other as required/appropriate
Ensure compliance of FINCA Bank Tanzania’s finance activities with the Charter/bylaws of the subsidiary; FINCA and subsidiary policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of subsidiary governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisor(s); maintain good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies
Present relevant “Finance” issues to the Management Team/Board for information, discussion, decision making
Interaction with local BoD and Chairman
Subsidiary Chief Executive Officer
Subsidiary Chief Operations Officer
Global Chief Financial Officer
Subsidiary finance team
HQ Finance & Treasury Team
- Extensive experience in best-practice financial management of a company, desirably a financial institution.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and training skills.
- Strong business management and negotiating skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management or Marketing (or equivalent work experience)
- CPA, or Chartered Accountancy qualification (required)
- Commercial banking experience (a minimum of 5 years is required, more – desirable)
Language Skills: Fluency in English
Availability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time