Campaigns Coordinator-Land, Governance & Influencing at Oxfam
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Oxfam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Oxfam in Tanzania envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
Oxfam therefore seeks to recruit a Campaigns Coordinator – Land, Governance & Influencing will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the campaigns that are designed and implemented by the OiTZ office. The Campaigns Coordinator-Land, Governance & Influencing will hold the direct relationship with partners, lead on partner contracting, monitor program delivery (budgets and outcomes), convene and facilitate networks, and provide a primary interface between the organisation and its partners.
We are looking for Campaigns Coordinator-Land, Governance & Influencing;
The role will be reporting to the Head of National Influencing and will be responsible for convening: managing external relations, facilitating networks and building campaigns platforms, steering collaborative actions, media management and strategic relationships. The Campaigns coordinator will spend 30 per cents of her/his time advancing land rights work for OiTZ, regional and global levels. Advancing land rights also includes identification, analysis, integration and amplification of land issues in all OiTZ thematic areas including but not limited enhancing transparency and accountability, women empowerment, tackling rural poverty and humanitarian work. The position holder will also spend 70 per cent and supporting campaigns across OiTZ key areas of work including namely land rights, food and climate justice, transparency and accountability, gender equality and governance.
What we are looking for
Our next Campaigns Coordinator-Land, Governance & Influencing will require;
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience of campaigning and advocacy work on issues around poverty eradication, food and climate justice, transparency and accountability, gender equality and land rights
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of contacts, including negotiating, problem-solving and assertiveness skills
- Experience of working within networks and coalitions
- Demonstrable knowledge of gender sensitive, participatory and sustainable development principles, approaches and policies relevant for Tanzania
- Demonstrable knowledge of the inter-relationship between governance and sustainable livelihoods
- Demonstrable knowledge of key international development issues such as trade, agriculture and/or climate change
- Good IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, internet and email)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Experience of monitoring/evaluation and reporting
- Ability to acknowledge cultural and political issues within partner organisations and programme locations and use of tact in negotiating difficult situations or conflicts.
- Proven ability to work independently, in team, tight schedules and with minimum supervision
- Flexibility in terms of travel and working hours is a requirement of this role with the possibility of working away from the office for periods of up to 2 weeks at a time approximately 5-6 times in any 12 months.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s value, mission and vision and understanding of gender and diversity
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in national influencing unit, to act as a contributor to the programme , and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in different fields.We also offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.