Camp Management Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Application due: 9/20/2019
Contract type: National contract
Danish Refugee Council – Tanzania
Job Description – Camp Management Assistant.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, community based protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps.
Name of the Position: – Camp Management Assistants
Job Grade:– I2, level 1
Reports to: – CCCM Team Leaders
Duty Station: – Mtendeli/Nduta Refugee camp
Dead Line: – 20th of September
A Camp Management Assistant, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management team Leaders and in close collaboration with the camp-based government and UNHCR coordination bodies will be responsible for direct implementation of camp management activities in the camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Supervise refugee incentive workers;
- Monitor and support the coordination of services and Management in the camp;
- Develop and strengthen community governance structures and mechanisms;
- Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
- Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors;
- Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors;
- Ensure that NFI distributions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
- Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Write reports as required by Manager;
- Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported;
- Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
- Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by Manager
- Diploma in a relevant field;
- 1-3 year relevant work experience;
- Previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
- Language ability in Kiha, Kirundi and French considered and advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English through drc.ngo website. No hardcopy application will be accepted Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline; Deadline for applications is 20th of Septembers, 2019 We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age. For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.ngo DRC as an employer By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms. If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.