Bureau Manager at BBC
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: BBC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
International News is at the heart of the BBC. BBC News Group employs approximately 2,000 staff in 75 news bureaux around the world. It provides multimedia services to a global weekly audience of over 350 million in English and 42 languages around the clock, every day of the year. The bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live programme output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK Licence Fee payers and commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent and continue to meet the high standards expected by our audiences.
We are recruiting a Bureau Manager to support the day-to-day running of the Dar es Salaam Bureau finances and administration and line management of any non-editorial staff based locally.
The International Operations team supports all News Group bureaux. The post holder will report to the International Manager responsible for Africa (who is based in the UK) and will work closely with the International Operations Management and the International Bureaux Finance teams.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Dar es Salaam Bureau, ensuring the Bureau is run according to BBC principles and complies with Tanzanian legislation.
Are you the right candidate?
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Fluent spoken and written English and Swahili; excellent communications skills and ability to manage remote communication effectively
- Experience of supporting and delivering to strategic objectives
- Good book keeping experience: working with budgets; preparing financial reports; advising managers of cost issues; good working knowledge of SAP and/or relevant accounting software
- Thorough knowledge of local tax, commercial, media, labour and safety legislation
- Experience of managing and motivating a team; strong personal skills and confidence in communicating with people at all levels and from different backgrounds
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, with demonstrated experience of negotiating contracts with external suppliers and partners
- Demonstrated experience of introducing new, flexible and efficient working practices
- Demonstrable ability to handle pressure, meet tight deadlines; to prioritise work and to confidently delegate authority; to manage several projects at the same time
- Excellent IT skills, with advanced knowledge of and programmes such as Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as the ability to become proficient in internal BBC technology systems
- A lively interest in the broadcast news, online news and wider media environment and appreciation of the particular demands it may place on financial and administrative work