British American Tobacco Jobs in Tanzania : Trade Marketing Representative
- Company: British American Tobacco
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
We are hiring! We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Marketing Representative, working with the Marketing Function to join our team in Dar es Salaam.
To achieve volume and distribution targets in order to maximise brand availability and visibility, through the execution of essential Trade Marketing activities in line with the channel, price strategies and the required customer service levels.
- Implement a Trade Marketing and Distribution plan which meets the objectives of trade marketing & distribution and is in line with brand / price strategy and the needs of the trade in order to achieve the Company objectives : volume and value share, Numeric and Weighted Distribution for our Drive Brands and out of stocks.
- Achieve trade coverage, visit frequency and outlet visit plan in order to maximise route effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the Distributor, Wholesales, and retailers through the implementation of account strategies and plans in order to maximize volume, share and other distribution management parameters performance vs. the competition’s.
- Ensure that the territory volume and distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximised in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
- Ensure optimal stock levels, product quality and freshness through stock management, orientation to the trade and reporting on supply chain and product issues.
- Ensure that price is in line with the company strategy.
- Co-ordinate contract employees to ensure that trade marketing representation in retail chain outlets is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services (where applicable).
- Manage financial accounts and assets for the territory to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Manage receivables, cash collection (and credit control) inline with the company policies and trading terms.
- Responsible for accurate invoicing procedures, materials or goods under his control.
- Maintain accurate and relevant outlet information.
- To take all reasonable measures to ensure adherence to BAT Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines as well as all local legislation relating to EHS during the course of work.
- To provide market information and reports to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully informed at all times.
- Maintain accurate records & monitoring of the achievement of weekly/cycle objectives and to submit reports as requested in order to ensure effective communication is maintained with management.
- Develop and manage an effective marketing team (Distributor & BAT team) through formal and informal coaching , monitoring, training
- Implement and establish close working relationships with partners (distributors, trade and retailers) in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment
- Develop and maintain effective information database on trade, consumers and competitor activities and respond to communication in timely way to MR&I so as to improve the market analysis.
- Lead by example in the innovation area by trying new ways of doing existing work, embracing and promoting change through new solutions, ideas and strategies that has worked elsewhere.
If you have:
- 2-3 years of experience within the Marketing or Sales functions (preferably in the FMCG industry)
- an advanced level of English and Swahili
- excellent communication skills and a customer oriented attitude
- a bakcground in Marketing
- the desire to work in a multinational environment driven by innovation