Britam Jobs in Tanzania : Medical Underwriting Associate
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring underwriting guidelines are met through accurate membership data & claims capture, timely processing of medical cards, prompt dispatch of policy documents and endorsements. The role will report to the Assistant Manager-Medical Claims.
- Accurate capture and maintenance of client data
- Prompt processing and dispatch of policy documents, new business and renewal debits.
- Prompt processing of received claims and dispatch of payments
- Processing of endorsements within set time frames,
- Timely issuance and dispatch of debit and credit notes
- Preparation and issuance of medical cards within set time frames
- Process renewal of policies in the system within set time frame
- Attend to correspondences and client queries within set time lines
- Capture policy terms and conditions for reference
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Timely and accurate data capture
- Timely dispatch of policy documents, policy debits, cheques and endorsements within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Timely process and dispatch of cards within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Timely response to all client queries.
- Accountable to the Claims Manager-Medical
- Required to liaise and work closely with other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Medical Insurance sector players
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
- Computer skills, Ms Word, Excel & Power Point
- Experience in medical underwriting will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Tanzania insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.