Britam Jobs in Tanzania : Medical Underwriting Associate
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring underwriting guidelines are met through accurate membership data & claims capture, timely processing of medical cards, prompt dispatch of policy documents and endorsements. The role will report to the Assistant Manager-Medical Claims.
- Accurate capture and maintenance of client data
- Prompt processing and dispatch of policy documents, new business and renewal debits.
- Prompt processing of received claims and dispatch of payments
- Processing of endorsements within set time frames,
- Timely issuance and dispatch of debit and credit notes
- Preparation and issuance of medical cards within set time frames
- Process renewal of policies in the system within set time frame
- Attend to correspondences and client queries within set time lines
- Capture policy terms and conditions for reference
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Timely and accurate data capture
- Timely dispatch of policy documents, policy debits, cheques and endorsements within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Timely process and dispatch of cards within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Timely response to all client queries.
- Accountable to the Claims Manager-Medical
- Required to liaise and work closely with other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Medical Insurance sector players
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
- Computer skills, Ms Word, Excel & Power Point
- Experience in medical underwriting will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Tanzania insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.